Bathroom zones, does the toilet count?

Sponsored Links
yes anything containing water that can be touched is zoned.
Do I have to move the socket next to my kettle or can I just get a longer lead?

The socket needs to be a minimum of 3m in a horizontal direction to that of the outer edge the of the kettle. Anyone using the kettle needs to be protected to a minimum of IPX4. A rubber diving suit is accepted as meeting minimum standards :LOL:
And remember the human body is 60% water, so everything everywhere is in Zone 1! :LOL:

revisiting this is the post xmas diy bulge!

there is a single socket on the landing outside the bathroom. can i take washing machine cable through the wall and route to this socket, which i will replace with an RCD protected one? if so, can it be a diy job or do i still need an electrician?

many thanks and festive greetings!

Sponsored Links
after a drink you must not walk closer than 3 metres to a socket as you will be containing water until someone comes and takes the p**s out of you.

yes anything containing water that can be touched is zoned.

really? do you often get nekid and soaking wet whilst having your feet or other body parts in contact with the water in the toilet bowl?

What if you come out of the bath naked and soaking wet and then you go for a wee whilst playing with laundry equipment? :LOL:

And how does water in a toilet bowl get its earth? (Or in plastic bath for that matter...)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back