Bathtub Chrome Handles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the advice that everyone has given over the time. Need your expert advice again.

Few days back, one of the bathtub chrome handles has came off and other one does not look good as chrome has gone off.

It is spoiling the look of the bathroom. I am struggling to find the exact replacement of the handles, tried few adhesives such as pink-grip but it is not working. Any suggestions please. I do not want to replace the whole bathtub at this stage.
handel1.jpg IMG_2545.JPG

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately I would have to say you will be hard pushed to find anything that will 'stick' the handle on again and be able to take any weight, it's usually screwed on from the back.

Unfortunately I would have to say you will be hard pushed to find anything that will 'stick' the handle on again and be able to take any weight, it's usually screwed on from the back.

So nothing will work? New bathtub?

Sponsored Links
Ok, so if you can check the handle for broken fixings/screws and check the side of the bath for the holes that the screws feed through. A pic of the back of the handle and the holes in the side of the bath would help. There should be 2 screws that have detached for the handle somewhere under the bath.

As it sounds you will not be able to refix the wall side handle, maybe a bit of a bodge will save the cost of a new bath and installation.

How about drilling through the original handle where the screws used to go , slightly enlarge the holes in the bath handle recess and refitting the handle using a couple of Butterfly Toggles,
these will be secure, cost less than a £1, not pretty, but hardly noticeable

Whilst others are reading here can I repeat my plea?

I need a pair of handles for a Twyford pressed steel bath. From memory the screw hole distance is 294 mm.

Anyone taking out baths regularly?

Tony

If the screw holes on the handles are stripped then you can use some Plastic Padding chemical metal (other makes are avail :) ), and fix the screws into place.

If the screw holes on the handles are stripped then you can use some Plastic Padding chemical metal (other makes are avail :) ), and fix the screws into place.

This is what I was looking for as temp solution... I been trying to hold handle and screws with pink grip... lol. It will save lot of time and effort. Will see how plastic padding chemical metal work and report back.

Any other adhesive recommendations to bond screw holes and handles? J-B Weld Original Epoxy Adhesive any better?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back