BAXI 105e Headaches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope you can help before i rip all my hair out.

i am not a Corgi plumber and as such i dont really know a great deal

I have a baxi 105e which indicates the flame/flue fault.

My plumber has replaced the fan and the pressure switch with no joy. I replced the pcb with the newer model (5112380) and am still getting no joy. I have reset it numerous times.

The fan spins up when you power it up and after about 20 seconds the error light comes on with no flame produced.

Checked the venture pipes are clear too and there doesnt seem to be any blockages there either

please give me some clue as to what i can do, if i need to check anything with a multimeter or clean anything, let me know

Sponsored Links
When you say the venturi has been checked and is clear, how was this done?

Was it removed from the fan turret and inspected?

These have a habit of melting.

i have just removed and checked, it seems ok. No melting or any other damage apparant other than a little discolouration and its still doing the same

Basic stuff is there a spark ? is there gas present ?

Sponsored Links
i would assume so, the engineer should have checked for that sort of thing. Is it an easy thing i can do? I know there is gas to the cooker

If you look through the veiwing window you should see a spark,if there is a spark followed by gas you should have lift off,if there is no gas going through your gas valve you wont have ignition

i think they may be some sort of failsafe kicking in before it get to that point... dont see no spark

Has the venturi been previously removed by the RGI and put back in upside down?

ok... finally got the bastard sparking but it wont ignite, its like there is no gas getting through...

any ideas???

This is all corgi teritory so no advice from me but there are some very basic checks that have not been made (or it appears has the plumber). Is he registered?

ok... finally got the b*****d sparking but it wont ignite, its like there is no gas getting through...

any ideas???

So what did yopu do to get it sparking ???

What was done to get it "fixed"?

Was this dozy plumber CORGI registered?

Was he a member of ARGI ?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back