BAXI 105e Hot water problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!
I have been experiencing hot water porblems with my combi boiler.
The central heating is working properly but the hot water isnt working at all.
I have de-assembled the pin assembly from the micro switch (sensor) through the diaphram and into the brass joint thing behind the diaphram.
The pins were sticking but i greased them and now they all move freely.

By pulling out the pin that enters the micro swithch knocks on the boiler and the hot water heat up. After the hot water tap is switched off the pin retracts and the system shuts down.

So to sum it up!
The hot water doesnt work until the pin is pulled out manually and after the hot water tap is turned off the pin retracts and the system shuts down.
The pins all move freely. The diaphram has been replaced. The micro switches have both been replaced and the black box that sits on one of the brass heads to the left has also been changed.
i've had a corgi plummer attempting to fix it but he left without finding the problem.

Any ideas????

aquaranger

Sponsored Links
well it has to be a problem with the diverter. Are you sure everything has been re-assembled correctly? You could just replace the complete valve, that should cure the problem, but its rare that this is necessary.

I had a run on these boilers needing a new DV recently. I always replace with new genuine parts, rather than recondition them.

As micky says sounds like it has not been assemled properly , bearing plate not by any chance been missed out .
Have look at www.partsarena.com/baxi you should find pictures on there.
Also the 2 little tubes that connect to top of housing should be clear

Sponsored Links
Hi all!

i've had a corgi plummer attempting to fix it but he left without finding the problem.

Any ideas????

aquaranger

Its always better to engage a boiler engineer than a plumber.

If its all in good condition and nothing is blocked then it should all work correctly.

Its a very simple mechanism!

Tony

Gents,i re- checked the assemble and it's put back and working correctly! However the motorized valve thing that sits on top of a brass fitting on the left side is working overtime. It is constantly moving it's pin in and out making the motor get seriously warm and making the hot water supply hot and then cold. Another symtom is that the central heating pin that activated it's micro switch doesn't seem to move, in any mode! This is a nightmare!!!!
Your advice is very much appreciated!!!
Aquaranger.....

didnt by any chance get water near the pcb.personally hate the instants to work on, as they seem to funnel water into the pcb area.

I wish it was that simple! No water spilage on the PCu!
It the heat exchange or diverter was faulty, what would be the symptoms??aquaranger

Have you checked the diaphragm on the ch side as it is not moving?. It is used to prove the pump I believe.

Other than that I would start to suspect the board. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back