BAXI BERMUDA BACK BOILER ISSUE

Sponsored Links
Most models that I come across dont have an o/h stat.

But there are possible faults in the boiler even though they are very simple.

As stated if power is getting to the BBU then its time for an RGI.

Tony

Most models that I come across dont have an o/h stat.

But there are possible faults in the boiler even though they are very simple.

As stated if power is getting to the BBU then its time for an RGI.

Tony

True Tony, on most as you say they are not fitted as standard but are an available and necessary add on for units that are converted to sealed or combined feed/open vent systems.
Its just Reading through, the boiler was ok after the pump was fitted for DHW and short cycling on central heating which indicates poor circulation through the rad circuit (most likely air locked)
then the op operated the pump isovalves but wasn't sure which way was open or closed,
It's reasonable to presume that he may have closed them, fired the boiler which then overheated and tripped out the "if present" O/H stat as reading through it looks like hes fully pumped on an s-plan.
Its worth checking. IMO

Matt

I would say that its best checked by an RGI though.

Do you remember what the o/h stat kits interupt on that boiler?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I would say that its best checked by an RGI though.

Do you remember what the o/h stat kits interupt on that boiler?

Tony

don't know mate I dont come across them nowadays but I would imagine it interrupts the thermocouple.................
mmm the pilot is alight :oops:

I'll get my coat!

Thanks to all those who posted on this topic - I am very grateful for the advice.

Time to blow any Christmas cash (downside of being in London!) and get an 'expert' in methinks.

I've switched the controls off and I am using the immersion for hot water 'pro tem'.

Two questions though please:

(1) Would an airlock in the rad pipework eventually trigger this O/H stat if I was trying to run the heating? Reason I ask is that I spent a few hours trying to get the rads warmed on that evening and it was the next day the boiler had issues (fyi - the plumber appeared to have the valves open and the cylinder filled with hot water on day 1 so I am assuming this O/H stat wasn't triggered by the valves being closed)

(2) Is it worth me clearing the airlock in the rad pipework anyway? (I was thinking that, at least then, the rads would heat up when the engineer gets the boiler going)

Thanks again for all the helpful advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back