Baxi Platinum C33 HE 5 year Warranty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thoughts on the above boiler please, are they reliable ? Do they work well ? is the 5 year warranty that comes with them and good ?

What space do i need to install this system ? what gaps around the side as it is to go inside a cupboard, the width of the boiler is 450mm, and my cupboard is 500mm, will this system go in with no problems ?

Which boiler is better Ideal Isar 35he or the Baxi platinum ?

It will need to power 14 rads that are on micro bore pipe.

Cheers
simon

Sponsored Links
My thoughts are;

- you are on MBore and therefore cannot clean system - any sludge found could invalidate the cover.
- Judging by your questions you are not an RGI and therefore would not qualify for any warranty if you fitted it.
- you may have a different view about the products you have researched had you fitted any.
- you will need to have the boiler maintained annually by an RGI to preserve the warranty.

The information you need regarding clearances are a little involved in a compartment - you will need the installation manual, if you ask Potterton they may email or send you a copy.

Did i say i would be fitting it ? NO i didnt ! it would be fitted by a corgi reg plumber, but im just trying to get some ides as whats best to have, following his advice.

Simon your reply is about as much use as a choclate fire guard.

Please could someone with some nounce give me some ideas

Cheers
sie

Very Good boiler with Stainless steel heat exchanger :D

Make sure installer flushes system before fitting as this will help to preserve boiler and system ;)

Sponsored Links
well you did ask

What space do I need to install this system?

:rolleyes:

Isars have been around a few years now and have had periods of good and bad reports, rather disconcerting.
You do need to look at the Installation Instructions to check for clearances - they're current boilers so should be online.
Come back if you can't find them.

Be aware that the boilers with an extended guarantee are priced to cover the cost of providing that cover.

They are NOT anything more reliable than the average boiler but just have a 3 or 5 year cover built into the price.

Be aware that all warranties over a year require the boiler to be serviced every year by a CORGI to validate the guarantee.

The guarantee does not cover problems caused by dirt in the system, as failure to clean the system is the most common cause of failure that is particularly important.

All boilers are now very reliable when fitted on a clean system, even the cheaper ones.

Tony

as far as im aware, im not asked to check for proof if a boilers been serviced to comply with the waranty, ive also repaired , and cleaned a few platinums that are blocked in warrantry, but will ALWAYS inform the customer that the system needs to be cleaned by the installer. otherwise it will just be left and i will be back their in a few weeks.

Jason, you may find that the call centre asks about the servicing.

I sometimes have to check the service record when I do makers warranty repairs.

Vaillant say they insist on written proof of the service.

Tony

the call center probably do ask, but they dont insist on proof, as the turn around time for jobs would be too long.

also as for them putting the price of the 5 year warranty on top, they dod do this, but the difference is about 150 quid. as domestic and general charges about 100 quid a year, its a saving of 250 quid....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back