BBCiplayer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does any here use BBCiplayer and know anything about troubleshooting it? I'm trying to listen to the coverage of the cricket on the internet and while i've done this in the past, the BBC have yet again changed the online radioplayer to "make it easier to use". Unfortunately, while it looks lovely and has a simple to use search function and whilst it says happily "now playing" there is no sound whatsoever coming from my speakers? I seem to have this problem every single time the BBC make changes to the online player and it takes me months to get it sorted and then they go and change it again...

Alternatively, does anyone know anywhere else I can get free commentary of England cricket matches?

Sponsored Links
I sometimes get this with iPlayer - I find that switching between 'Normal Bandwidth' and 'Low Bandwidth' settings sometimes kicks it back into life...

On the iPlayer window, click on where it says either 'Normal Bandwidth' or 'Low Bandwidth' to change.

Unless you have Sky, and can use their internet SkyPlayer, I've no idea where else you can listen in - think the BBC has it pretty much stitched up. Cricinfo's quite good for text commentary...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-sri-lanka-2011/engine/current/match/474468.html

Ha ha Freddy, as sad as it may be, I am addicted to almost all forms of sport (so long as I have an interest in the teams/people involved). Cricket doesn't send me to sleep - but does fit quite nicely with a day in the office!!

BigDY - have tried switching the bandwidth but no luck...:( Do you know if you can use skyplayer for the cricket if you don't subscribe to SkySports? We've got sky, but not the sports package.

Got cricinfo on cheers - found this a couple of years ago and its a cricket fan's paradise - so much cricket information and statistics!! :)

Going to have to look into getting a portable DAB I think....

Sponsored Links
You could try uninstalling flash player from Control Panel and when you connect to iplayer I seem to remember it will prompt to re-install.

Cheers

G

Do you have ad blocking software? I do, and I have to switch it off to watch I player, and it would'nt allow the cricket commentary.

Do you have ad blocking software? I do, and I have to switch it off to watch I player, and it would'nt allow the cricket commentary.

That's one thing that really baffles me - last week i was watching the tennis online absolutely fine, and previously i've watched Royal Ascot etc... on the beeb website without problems, but the radio player just wont work?

Pure guess, could it be anything to do with 'pop-up blocker settings', in IE click 'tools' then 'pop-up blocker'

You might have better luck posting in the 'computers' 'software' forum.

Thanks guys,

Sorted it! It wasn't the pop-up blocker, but that did get me thinking about whether something in the browser settings could be stopping it. It was the 'flash blocker' add-on i've got installed in Firefox, disabled that and it works now - can't understand why that was stopping it, but still...

Now I can happily listen to England lose to Sri Lanka tomorrow.... :(

Thanks guys,

Sorted it! It wasn't the pop-up blocker, but that did get me thinking about whether something in the browser settings could be stopping it. It was the 'flash blocker' add-on i've got installed in Firefox, disabled that and it works now - can't understand why that was stopping it, but still...

Now I can happily listen to England lose to Sri Lanka tomorrow.... :(
iPlayer uses Flash, so if you block Flash ....

Sponsored Links
Back