BCO notification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know the obvious answer is to pick up the phone and ask directly bt since Bournemouth BCO officials wouldn't answer the phone today does anyone have any guidance ........

I'm currently renovating my upstairs bathroom
However, I'm also planning to refurb the kitchen in the mid-long term future

Part of the kitchen refurb will be the inclusion of a dedicated kitchen ring so that the single whole house circuit is slightly less loaded :LOL:

The problem that I have is I see no simple way of getting into the kitchen from the CCU in the garage which doesn't involve going under the bathroom floor
So I basically need to put the new ring tails under the bathroom floor. However, I'm not going to get to use them for possibly another 6 months :(. The couple of sparkys I've chatted to, including my mate :rolleyes: seem less than keen to run the wires and leave them dangling in the kitchen. I can understand that :!:
Anyone have any idea on whether BCO would consider it acceptable to notify now when first fix is likely to be 6-8month down the road?

At this rate I'd do better to just take the NICEIC part P course and use them to notify myself (assuming I pass lol). I guess that doesn't work either since I still have to technically notify BCO in advance.
Dagnabbit

Sponsored Links
:oops:

Never even thought about that.

I just jumped on the interweb to ask the rest of the world :D :D

Sponsored Links
when i spoke to my BCO about a possible project for a friend they were fine with me taking as long as i wanted at no extra charge, as we were considering getting a couple of separate items done on one certificate but chances would be they have the funds for the second one for another year or so, they said the certificate wouldnt be published until all items were complete and that if never got completed then an amendment could be made to the original proposal (at a small cost) and a certificate published for the work that had been done so the house could be sold (sorry for the long sentance i cant be bothered to make it smaller).

but each BCO have their own rules.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back