BE SAFE - always use qualified professional electricians....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I mean - they can be trusted to do things properly, can't they....

jtl%20rebeccafloortext.jpg

Ah.

Oh dear.

Sponsored Links
Routing of cables on top of joist so that can when the floor board is nailed back on, the nail may go through the cables?

...but at least the nails will stop the cables moving about, saving on clips ;)

Sponsored Links
highly skilled in their field... she'd be more use in a 'field'

And what's with the apostrophe? It just doesn't make sense!

shaunsparks said:
she must be expecting traffic as shes got a high vis on :!:
And a hard hat, safety goggles and PVC gloves. Dangerous stuff, T&E...

What do you bet she normally works at the desk behind her, and they said "put these on love and pose for a photo"?

They missed a trick, though - the one piece of safety gear she's not wearing is the most important one, and of real need to her.

Anybody know what it is?

I would imagine a mask would be a good idea.

Plus some knee pads wouldn't go amiss.

The one with the kneepads could come round my house and 'route cables' anytime etc etc ad nauseum.

And as for the title of the topic, I have learnt from experience (middle aged men who haven't gone to university call this "The School of Hard Knocks" and/or "The University of Life") that you ALWAYS have to stand over tradesmen (haven't had any tradeswomen yet) to make sure they do it right, don't take shortcuts, don't hide mess etc etc.

You can see how she got that floor board up, there's the club-hammer and there's the screwdriver :LOL: :eek:

Dunno if I would have put the lifted floorboard balanced against that panelling in the background there, but what would I know, I'm not an Amicus Electricians' . Nor any other type of electricians' .

Plus those body-cavity search gloves look a couple of sizes too big on her.

And are jeans really the ideal trousers for doing kneeling and physical labour? Not enough give, and when you get sweaty they chaffe like bu**ery (would).

I wouldn't feed cable with the drum on its side.

You'll get lots of twists in cable that way as it uncoils off the drum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back