Been put off combi boilers

Errr, guys. Two year old post. Keep it recent.

Sponsored Links
I think this was one 'two year old post' that DID bring added value - I'm afraid I mostly agree with the comment about the Baxi but junking it after 2 years is a bit extreme!

croydoncorgi said:
I think this was one 'two year old post' that DID bring added value - I'm afraid I mostly agree with the comment about the Baxi but junking it after 2 years is a bit extreme!
Imagine how ****ed off I must be -- I paid £1,666 per year for heating with the Baxi not including actual gas running costs.

I could have run a whole bunch of 4kW electric heaters 24x7 and still wouldn't get anywhere near as much as heating with the Baxi cost me.

EDIT: That's 5 quid a day for heating!!!!!! - ****ING BAXI

Sponsored Links
hackeron said:
I had a Baxi 133 HE Plus put in on the 23/07/05 (1 year, 11 months ago) and it has worked fine for a year and a bit, but I had a PCB failure 2 months ago at a repair cost of £200 and now the flipping heat exchanger and burner are gone, which is a whopping repair cost of £600 -- the CORGI engineer is recommending I trash the boiler and just get a new one.

I wonder what the manufacturer's engineers have to say about that?

When you buy a boiler you expect to get reasonable service from it.

The PCB was probably just a failure but the heat exchanger may have failed because of dirt in the system because the installer did not power flush it.

What do the manufacturers have to say about it ???

Bahco - I miss Ped too - such a shy bashful retiring sort of chappy isnt he?

Fortunately, he's still ranting on the ARGI forums.

Perhaps one day he'll return to these forums and continue to brighten up otherwise dull threads in his own inimitable style.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back