Beko dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a DWD5411W. It's worked fine for a few year's but recently it's been poor at washing intermittently, with dishes not washed well, other times fine. It's now started to keep filling with water. After a wash it drains fine. We come back to it after a few hours and there is water in the base. It's clean water not waste. It drains this fine, but if you watch closely you can see water trickling in around the filter housing in the bottom. Has anyone any ideas as to what may be wrong??

Sponsored Links
The pump seal gets grimy and then starts to leak in to the base. It can be cleaned or preferably changed (change it) but requires taking the machine base off. How far were you planning to go with this job? There are videos on Youtube where you can see generally what's involved in taking these machines apart. Usually they flip onto their back to begin (after disconnecting from water/waste/mains of course). Water will spill out when this happens so it's better to do outside the house until it stops leaking.

When you said "started to keep filling with water" do you mean the leak in to the base or is it also constantly filling and emptying during the cycle?

Thanks. Which seal do you mean. On this model when you unscrew the fikter housing in the base and remove the flat filter there are a couple of holes here where the water is trickling. I have turned off the supply and the flow reduced a bit. I was wondering after searching the Internet if it could be the solonoid valve? Not adverse to taking the unit apart, solonoid valve appears to be accessed from the rear. I will post an image of the filter housing and where its leaking from..

Hes a photo, and you can actually see where the water is trickling in. It takes a good few hours to fill up the bottom of the unit.

Also it dosnt keep filling and emptying. It also drains fine, I have had the drain hose disconnected and the flow out is excellent. Appreciate your thoughts.

Odd previous post disappeared. ?.

I did say that I had searched around the internet, and things point also to the solonoid valve maybe? ??. Which seal did you mean, the solonoid appears to be accessed from the rear. I have turned off the water supply to the unit and the trickle flow did slow... it does take a good few hours to fill the base of the unit with water. Cleaning performance has got a little better off late.

Attachments

• dishwasher.jpg
    dishwasher.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 2,432
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
We come back to it after a few hours and there is water in the base.

I believe I misinterpreted this to mean water in the base of the machine. i.e. underneath where the motor and pump are housed. I've had a couple of drinks now so will read again tomorrow.

Hi. No its not filling and emptying constantly. The machine runs fine. Fills and drains normally, however if left water starts to fill the bottom of the wash housing, and in a few hours fills to a level expected on a wash. Its not filling the base, ie underneath the botton of the wash housing. Also recently cleaning has not been as good, but oddly improved over the past couple of days. Its definitely not waste water as I have checked with the drain hose removed.

Thanks

I see now. I haven't had this problem but a quick look on the web leaves me certain that you're correct in suggesting the solenoid which is also called a water inlet valve. Likely it's passing a little when closed due to limescale deposits inside the component. Youtube videos show how to change it, looks straightforward.

Hi. Thanks for advice. Changed solonoid valve today. Easy once I realised that it was a bottom panel that needed to come off and not the one on the back. ?... seems to have sorted all the issues even the iffy cleaning. Just thought I'd share in case it helps anyone else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back