Best excuse for a drink ever

Sponsored Links
"one liter of urine into six hours of electricity"

what techically illiterate idiot wrote that?

six hours of a torch bulb? six hours of a radio? six hours of a ceiling lamp? six hours of a cooker?

Electricity is measured in watts, and in kWh.

Filling up the car should be interesting. Leaded or unleaded?

Sponsored Links
I just read the above post's.

...is there a difference in performance in the old fashioned one or digital one's.

can't be b*****r all in the hedgerow's then,hard winter to come?

JohnD knows how to use an apostrophe.

Pot, kettle.
If you are going to the trouble of picking up my mistakes get it right please.
You forgot the i in the first quote come on get it right.

JohnD opened a box of Shiraz earlier and doesn't care.

The first stage in the process is the electrolytic splitting of urea into hydrogen, nitrogen and water. So two questions arise: where does the carbon go and, more importantly, how much electricity is consumed in this process. :?: :?: :?:

To determine whether the device can possibly work, look up the binding energy of urea then compare it with the sum of the binding energies of water, N2, H2 and whatever form the carbon eventually takes. I'll leave that calculation to a better qualified chemist but, given the losses involved when the hydrogen is burnt in a heat engine, I'll be extremely surprised if this gadget can even power itself, never mind a torch bulb. Nice try girls but no cigar. :( :( :(

I am no scientist but if this gadget does in fact work - even if it only produces a minimal amount of electricity think of the implications on a global scale. Instead of our urine being flushed away towns and cities could hook up all the toilets to a bigger more sophisticated model of this which could provide power. If you take London for example which has a population of around 8,174,100 people and the average person wees around 1.5 litres a day then thats 12,261,150 litres per day. Think of the amount of electricity that would equate too?

Sponsored Links
Back