Best Macerator ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Possibly an oxymoron I know, but have a friend of a friend who have just reclaimed their property after finally getting rid of tenants, and are now faced with a large bill to put the hose back together.... (On top of rent they are owed!)

Downstairs bathroom is unfortunately reliant on a macerator, seems the tenants may have removed the original, (god knows why, but saves me a job!), so they're looking for a replacement for time being until they can afford to get a drain put in.

Looking at the Grundfos, any opinions please?

Sponsored Links
Yep, Grundfos all the way if you must have one, much better than Saniflo

What would you say if I told that for awhile the motors and most other parts were from Saniflo? And even now there is very little difference.
What is the biggest difference between the two manufactures to you? To me it is around £60 and one to two weeks.

Hugh, if it s only for a short period of time then a cheapie like a Planus or Aquaflush for £100-ish will do you.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure how long it's going to be for, would rather put the Grundfos in and at least gives them a couple of years guarantee. They've got family coming for Christmas, she said MiL cannot get upstairs so needs a ground floor WC. They seem well aware of its limitations, (kids are banned from using it!), its the tenants that have wrecked the original unit, (along with the rest of the house....)

Annoying thing is, the drain is only about 6ft away outside the kitchen door, had to be a concrete floor though didn't it.....

Pricewise, Screwfix are listing the Grundfos unit at £310 and the Saniflo at £460!

6ft ! If they are aware of the limitations then put a cheap one in, the slightest reason and Grundfos will reject the warranty anyway. Could say more but waiting for muggles to reply to my earlier post first.

PS. Your buying your macerators at the wrong place if your paying those prices.

I was perhaps a bit rude there, I apologise, and appreciate you may be trying to help. I'm in Northants, if you are able to offer a better deal, feel free to PM me and I'll pass your details onto the couple in question.

Thanks Chap. To be honest I'm just doing a favour for a friend of a friend. I've been stung too many times trying to help people out, now if I must get involved, I tell them to source parts themselves, that way if they start being arsey, all it's cost is my time. :rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with Grundfos macerators but then there is nothing that makes them better than a Saniflo imho but Saniflo are superior in one aspect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back