BG costalot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BG have advised my sis in law to have powerflush its only £600 :eek: :eek: so im gonna run round with cleanser and inhiitor. so will that postpone the big bill for a while. The system must be 18 years old Thanks P M

Sponsored Links
Depends how bad it is.
See mains flushing in the faq section.
Plenty of people will undercut BG on that though.

What symptoms have prompted British Gas to recommend a course of "Power Flush" medicine?

Tim

Sponsored Links
Is it under a contract ? because if it is,they are supposed to fit a new pump before going down the powerflush route.

Why would you change the pump if the system is obviously full of carp?

Bearing in mind that at least 50% of open vent systems would improve considerably from a powerflush, you do not have to be a very good heating engineer to advice a powerflush and be right.
Does anyone know why a lot of engineers from a large national company recommend a powerflush to their customers.
Does anyone know why a FRENCH company is called BRITISH gas?
Does anyone know, oh never mind, I will find a local plumber

Does anyone know why a lot of engineers from a large national company recommend a powerflush to their customers.

Because their systems are full of muck and it is generally cheaper and more effective than flushing manually and is then guaranteed to be redone for free for the life of the contract if required.

Does anyone know why a FRENCH company is called BRITISH gas?

It's not, but you won't be the first to fall for it.

Is it under a contract ? because if it is,they are supposed to fit a new pump before going down the powerflush route.

no they are not :rolleyes:

Thats what weve been told,yes i work for BG

Garfield what muppet has said that?, there may be certain cases where it would be prudent to check the pump first but the vast majority of installations requiring a flush are pretty self evident.

no they are not :rolleyes:

Thats what weve been told,yes i work for BG

Garfield what muppet has said that?, there may be certain cases where it would be prudent to check the pump first but the vast majority of installations requiring a flush are pretty self evident.

We were told "before reccommending/quoting for powerflushing of heating systems,the pump MUST be changed" NO EXCEPTIONS....

Different PWA different TSM different COM,i dunno.
Suppose it rules out a lazy/iffy/faulty/restricted pump?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back