BG costalot

ollski";p="743718 said:
Does anyone know why a FRENCH company is called BRITISH gas?

It's not, but you won't be the first to fall for it.

If you work for bg, you should be aware that bg is a division of centrica, which is about as french as marianne as far as I know.
You may also have heard that this company generates more complaints than any other company in the industry.
If you look around you in that company you may find that the turn over of engineers is enormous.
If you have read other threads on this forum, you may have noticed people asking for recommendations.
You may also have noticed that NOBODY at all has EVER come back with the advice: call bg, they are great and worth every penny.

Sponsored Links
bengasman said:
as far as I know.

That is exactly my point. It's a blag from the rogue doorstep switchig agents.

bengasman said:
You may also have heard that this company generates more complaints than any other company in the industry.

How on earth can you compare?. Who runs a similar size offering a similar service?. If you are talking volume of complaints well then yes.....obviously :rolleyes:

bengasman said:
If you look around you in that company you may find that the turn over of engineers is enormous.

In the last 5 years I was there we lost 2 and gained 14 making 68.

bengasman said:
If you have read other threads on this forum, you may have noticed people asking for recommendations.
You may also have noticed that NOBODY at all has EVER come back with the advice: call bg, they are great and worth every penny.

I've read lots of threads on the forum over the years and don't think I've seen anybody recommend anyone and can't imagine it is within forum rules anyway. would imagine most who have had a job satisfactorily completed have no use for a diy site.

Sponsored Links
"is it under a contract ? because if it is,they are supposed to fit a new pump before going down the powerflush route."

"no they are not" icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh yes they are.

Is the Panto season upon us already.

Tim

PS, just introduce a couple of bottles of X440 into the system and see if things improve after leaving it on all day on low boiler temperature but high room stat temp so keeping cleaner circulating.

Tim

ps, sorry that should read 400 not 440 which is actually a bullet calbrie.

We were told "before reccommending/quoting for powerflushing of heating systems,the pump MUST be changed" NO EXCEPTIONS....

Now that is incompetence....each job should be judged on its own merits in my world.

Is it under a contract ? because if it is,they are supposed to fit a new pump before going down the powerflush route.

no they are not :rolleyes:

Thats what weve been told,yes i work for BG

Garfield what muppet has said that?, there may be certain cases where it would be prudent to check the pump first but the vast majority of installations requiring a flush are pretty self evident.

We were told "before reccommending/quoting for powerflushing of heating systems,the pump MUST be changed" NO EXCEPTIONS....

Different PWA different TSM different COM,i dunno.
Suppose it rules out a lazy/iffy/faulty/restricted pump?

so tell us why you should change the pump if you have removed it and found nothing amiss other than the garbage that is flowing through it?

you could be right and have an idiot for a tsm, who else would insist on such a random action. hes the guy getting hammered for his patch parts spend too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back