biasi boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
5 years ago we fitted a biasi 28 combi in a new system which was chemically flushed and a inhibitor added, after 18 months while under warranty the pump failed, biasi engineer told customer system required to be power flushed, we removed a rad, the water was clear and clean but we
power flushed just to be sure ( biasi eng, replaced pump ).
the system has been ok for 2 years know its giving problems again, heating works fine hot water not so good its only warm and goes cold have done all
elect, checks all seems ok have contacted biasi they said it was possible the
heat exchange unit was blocked we remove and found nothing.

help ???
martyheat

Sponsored Links
If the system was not completley clean the first time round the damage was done before the powerflush, also what most people forget when powerflushing a combi boiler the water is not flowing through the plate heat exchanger and will not be cleaned. Add to this every system even with inhibitor in will corrode over the years, you cant stop it only slow it. If the system water appears good change the plate to plate install a magnaclean filter or similar on the return pipework before the boiler and wait a few years for it to happen again.

If you are an RGI then you should register and ask trade questions in the Combustion Chamber area of this site.

Then I can reply to you there.

Do you undercut Dave Lowther?

Tony

If the system was not completley clean the first time round the damage was done before the powerflush, also what most people forget when powerflushing a combi boiler the water is not flowing through the plate heat exchanger and will not be cleaned. Add to this every system even with inhibitor in will corrode over the years, you cant stop it only slow it. If the system water appears good change the plate to plate install a magnaclean filter or similar on the return pipework before the boiler and wait a few years for it to happen again.

Thank you for your information,we do seem to have a good flow through the
plate unit on the primary side , do think its possible its not enough???

martyheat

Sponsored Links
If you are an RGI then you should register and ask trade questions in the Combustion Chamber area of this site.

Then I can reply to you there.

Do you undercut Dave Lowther?

Tony

Hi tony yes i am R G I
I will try and find were i have to register

many thanks

martyheat

Is it the m90 buddy? If so swap the flow thermistor, does numerous jobs. Including frost protection and are crap drop in and outta banding all the time. So heating will come on sporadically. Dhw won't work. Depending on how it feels

Is it the m90 buddy? If so swap the flow thermistor, does numerous jobs. Including frost protection and are crap drop in and outta banding all the time. So heating will come on sporadically. Dhw won't work. Depending on how it feels

Thanks Plummerman

have fitted new thermistor but no change have also contacted Biasi ( i should have asked my wife she knows more)

many thanks

martyheat

I will tell you whats wrong in the CC !

Tony

Dont expect to get a reply just kep looking and one day you will see it listed in the whole forum list.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back