Faulty Biasi boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a biasi boiler been installed only two months and it scolded my grand daughter couldnt turn the water down, Biasi were really reluctant to cover it under guarantee as we could not find receipt having just moved property, did find it but still gave us loads of grief, broken down again now after 2 weeks out of guarantee got a leak in middle of boiler this boiler is clearly faulty. Biasi are being just that and B & Q where we brought it from not much better £649 down the drain I think any help please court action imminent been told it is not fit for purpose by consumer direct should work for at least 6 years and that biasi are at fault should replace and re instal a new boiler at their expense. Any one got problems with theses boilers biasi riva advanced it worked well for a short time only. please contact me with your view good or bad. [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Cheap sh|tty boiler fitted no doubt by a cheap sh|tty installer..

Why is it out of warranty after 2 months and 2 weeks? Don't these POS have a 2 year warranty?

If you can't give proof that it was fitted as per the instructions and the Benchmark book isn't filled in then I would say you are up sh|t creek without a panel.

Sorry.

No it broke down in the first two weeks scolded my granddaughter couldnt turn down the water control made no difference, then again 2 or 3 weeks after the guarantee ran out leaking from the middle of boiler. It was installed by a proper qualified plumber did the bench mark log book thing and every thing they had the guarantee sent back for two years cover but apparently never received it, got a copy of it and every thing. Found the receipt after we complained we had just moved property it was temporarily lost but they knew the date she confirmed that when we ran to report the fault by the serial number on the guarantee. but they still said because we hadnt sent the guantee they would only fix it once not to go back again which of course we have had to do.

There's nothing inherently wrong with these boilers. But, as stated, you'll be required to demonstrate that you've had it installed according to manufacturer's written instructions and all relevant building standards.

Sponsored Links
They may not be the best.

Then again I can think of at least 3 Vaillant design faults, each of which can render an Ecotec a write off with possible property damage to boot.

I can't think of any such faults affecting any Biasi. So it depends on your definition of sensible.

That Biasi M110 is a very well made and reliable boiler.

Unfortunately, because they are sold relatively cheaply, they attract people who don't intend to spend much money.

They buy the boiler themselves in B&Q and then get some cheapo installer to fit it for peanuts. No self respecting installer will ever fit a customer bought boiler!

I charge £840 to install a combi.

I doubt you paid half of that!

Not surprising if he has done a half baked job!

thanks for all the replys, but they seem to conclude that my plumber was a cowboy he is fully registered and qualified got all the necassary paperwork from him when he did the job. We brought all the rads and the boiler simply because that is the way we wanted to do it, instead of being over quoted to fit this or any other boiler. The biasi boiler engineer who called to fix the water scold problem commented on his work that it was spot on every thing he did is absolutely fine he cant be blamed for the boiler having a dodgy part to replace within two weeks or like wise the fact it has sprunge aleak inside...how can that possibly be his fault. Biasi are at fault clearly the boilers are cheaper than the ones plumbers tend to push onto customers so we didnt expect miracles but less than a year if youd be happy with that performance then you are to easily pleased or ripped off! the boiler is obviously a faulty one seems we were unlucky enough to get it, still it is still betterthan the 3 worcester
bosch boilers we have previously had fitted by british gas and plumbers on recommendation, never again

biasi uk are a total shower to deal with , a complete waste of space.

imho some of the service crew are scam artists , may be imho ???

the md if its the same one , is imho a plonker :)

And in any event you have no direct contract with Biasi UK , as u bought the boiler from B& poo , so you need to go back to them

biasi Uk are not responsible & will take no responsibilty for there service agents as they are not directly employed by them.

Biasi UK do not repair intermittent faults during the warranty period , unless the intermittent fault becomes permanent

Your lucky , that the said service agent did not measure the height of the room stat off the floor ?? :)

Or take a water sample & carry out a "sniff" test , proclaiming that it smells like rotten fish :)

Do your self a favour ? in future stay away from Biasi UK ;)

If you google in Biasi Uk

about the 3rd site down ? is a consumer action group forum

bloke on there had a spat with biasi UK & took em to court or threatened to ?

some where in that thread is somne fella using the name corvette ;) ;)

:)

Yes court action is going to be the out come already told B & Q that they have 21 days to remove replace and re instal new boiler. Ive been to court many times its just a day out will win hands down plus compensation from what I have been told but could just do with out the time wasting back and forth. Will write a few reviews usualy help the process!! :evil: the guy who fixed first fault was from doncaster did try to sell me alsorts of extras that I know I dont need but hey he was here to fix boiler and thats what he did.

Mikey, ask Transam how he got on suing Biasi UK !

Even if there were a fault or two on your boiler they were repaired if within the warranty period.

As I said they are one of the most reliable boilers when they are correctly fitted.

They had a genuine manufacturer's fault on about 0.33% of their { previous ) M96 models within the warranty period.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back