Biasi Boiler ?

mehran said:
the biasi ov is not a biasi boiler, it is a halstead eden. Biasi is using it as a stop gap boiler till it can get it's own in house designed OV boiler out the door.

It is NOT cheap either for such a basic boiler.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
On the contrary Mehan. 700,000 heat exchangers have been made for this boiler with 0% failure. Anyone who looks at the insides of one can see how inherently reliable it is and also how efficient it is. They are not clogged by sludge, can be easily descaled (although I have only heard of ONE that has scaled up in the Cheltenham area, and that was several years ago). We were shown a thermal image of a heat exchanger in operation, and it is very impressive; pity they won't release the video fro commercial reasons.

Granted by the standards of some manufactures these are relatively low figures, BUT remember these boilers are not just fitted in the Uk and they do not have many parts. The heat exchanger is pretty much all there is to it. Remember 0% IS 0%.

The thing that many people seem to ignore is that plate heat exchanger technology has hardly changed over recent years, and neither has the bottom half of many boilers. they still have diaphrams, diverters valves, minute waterways. the more breakdowns I go to and the more of these Intercombi's I install the more I think it is crazy that people go into merchants and ask for the cheapest boiler they have. It seems irrelevant to me who has rebadged who's boiler, it is the gubbons that have been bolted to hte bottom (those cylindrical heat exchangers look the bol locks but it is for nowt if the mechanisms below conk out after four years).

I feel for people on a tight budget, but there is such a thing as false economy.

I must say I am glad DD and I agree on something; if get tedious to argue all the time...

Dan_Robinson said:
On the contrary Mehan. 700,000 heat exchangers have been made for this boiler with 0% failure. Anyone who looks at the insides of one can see how inherently reliable it is and also how efficient it is. They are not clogged by sludge, can be easily descaled (although I have only heard of ONE that has scaled up in the Cheltenham area, and that was several years ago). We were shown a thermal image of a heat exchanger in operation, and it is very impressive; pity they won't release the video fro commercial reasons.

Granted by the standards of some manufactures these are relatively low figures, BUT remember these boilers are not just fitted in the Uk and they do not have many parts. The heat exchanger is pretty much all there is to it. Remember 0% IS 0%.

The thing that many people seem to ignore is that plate heat exchanger technology has hardly changed over recent years,

Plate heat Xs are quite new to domestic heating an the invention that has made the most impact in domestic heating the past 10 years. They are a revelation. The way they turn a thermal store into a highly efficient heat bank that requires just a small cylinder is amazing. The heat transfer rate of plate heat Xs is unsurpassed. And then they turn the sneered at combi into a respected product too; is quite remarkable.

and neither has the bottom half of many boilers. they still have diaphragms, diverters valves, minute waterways. the more breakdowns I go to and the more of these Intercombi's I install the more I think it is crazy that people go into merchants and ask for the cheapest boiler they have. It seems irrelevant to me who has rebadged who's boiler, it is the gubbons that have been bolted to hte bottom (those cylindrical heat exchangers look the bol locks but it is for nowt if the mechanisms below conk out after four years).

I always admire engineering that is simple and super effective which always results in design elegance, and the Atmos Intercombi is clearly that.

I feel for people on a tight budget, but there is such a thing as false economy.

I must say I am glad DD and I agree on something; if get tedious to argue all the time...

Best you just agree with me, as it will be much easier for you and your heart. :)

Dan_Robinson said:
The heat exchanger is pretty much all there is to it.

Can a flow switch be fitted in the CH return and a Grundfos Alpha pump fitted replacing the standard fixed rate pump to eliminate a room stat and have TRVs all around, as does a few Baxi boilers? The flow switch can be wired through the room stat circuit. Voila!

I would love to fit atmos, maybe they need a service agent up the north east. Much easier to fit a boiler when you know that you are the back up. dan are you a service agent for atmos?

I have a list in my head of boiler I would like to fit, I will add atmos to it ;)

What I don’t like is when people simply say a boiler is crap when it is not. Biasi have a terrible rep and minds a hard to change.

mehran said:
What I don’t like is when people simply say a boiler is rubbish when it is not. Biasi have a terrible rep and minds a hard to change.

Why do they have this reputation while others do not? It seems the service people and the public/trade are out of sync.

Biasi seem to be better than most in their price range.

I should clarify my relationship with Atmos. I sell their boilers and fit them (but not exclusively). What I have begun to notice recently though is that I have not needed to fit anyone elses.

However, I am not under their employ or contract. I have a few bug-bears about their internal systems, but I know most of the guys there on a first name basis and have learnt (in one case at least) to find the "Idiosyncrasies" amusing and predictably helpful.

As DD has realised, it is the engineering simplicity (in the case of the Intergas) and sheer performance (in the case of the Multi 24/80+) that keep me installing their boilers above all others. the Multi is pride of place in my office - as has been shown here. In fact DD, I would be interested on yiour thoughts of the Multi?

Plate heat exchangers, Calorifiers, 24kW this Sedbuk A that. It all seems the same when the balls are cupped in hand, reliability is the key.

This is where VOTM may like to jump in and criticise my solitary decade in the industry.

If one looks at the output of say a Stys, a Performa and an Intercombi (with the required mods to make it work at 24kW with 10 litres/min) then wonders how much - in the domestic market at least things have really improved in performancestakes.

Remember my position in this topic is purely from a reliability and simplicity stand point.

Doctor Drivel said:
mehran said:
What I don’t like is when people simply say a boiler is rubbish when it is not. Biasi have a terrible rep and minds a hard to change.

Why do they have this reputation while others do not? It seems the service people and the public/trade are out of sync.

Big chain trade merchants handle certain boilers not usually biasi , different groups promote a different set of boilers. The plumbers who buy from them get tribal. Because they sell and fit it it is the best. Biasi don't get this plumber marketing forse. Because he doesn't fit it he doesn't prais it.

Mercahnts are rewarded for promoting those boilers they favour and are discouraged from promoting closely competitive makes.

Smaller companies unable to break into these cartels have to turn to diy stores and independent mearchants. They can also start to get their foot in the door with newly emerging chains of trade stockists.

It's all about plumbers heads being tuned by merchants, whose heads are being turned by manufacturers.

the manufacturer with his foot in the door at the merchants nows the plumber is his customer his client takes his recommended boiler. His advise is not always informed guidance.

Dan_Robinson said:
This is where VOTM may like to jump in and criticise my solitary decade in the industry.
quote]

As if i would :evil: :evil: :evil:
Name the boiler this came out of Dan :?:
After 4 years as a plumber,gas fitter ( :?: :?: :?: ) you should know :LOL:

0003308tn2.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back