Biasi Boiler ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can somebody please help me?

I am looking at a new boiler (currently have a 35yr old newworld stowaway) in a flat I have just purchased.

I was looking at a cheap biasi boiler but want it fitted properly not by some cowboy. How much should i expect to pay (i know it varies but approx)?

And what is the best route to finding a decent installer?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I find it a little disrespectful calling a Biasi a "cheap boiler".

They are very good boilers but sold fairly cheaply. ( Thats different! )

The did get something of a questionable reputation because they were bought by people who wanted to get them badly installed by non-registered people. That was totally unfair because it was not the boiler's fault if the system was not cleaned properly.

The most important feature is how its installed and particularly if the system it totally clean and the gas pipe correctly sized.

They are now one of the most reliable boilers when correctly installed and in the last few years they have had no significant reliability problems unlike Vaillant ( diverter valves and then seals ) or Viessmann ( PCBs ).

More an more installers are now realising that they are a good boiler but a reputation is hard to shake off quickly.

Finding a good installer is often difficult and word of mouth is best particularly when it comes from a CORGI.

The cost depends greatly on where you live. Not telling us makes it difficulty to be very accurate. In London to replace a combi with a combi you should expect to pay about £800-£900 plus the boiler to include water treatment and a full installer guaranty. More if complications apply.

Tony

Thanks, sorry I didn't mean cheap as disrespectful more as inexpensive.

I live in hertfordshire and would be replacing the current back boiler (which looks dodgy) with a more environmentally friendly and newer combi boiler.

Does anybody know of any good installers in north herts?

Thanks

Replacing a BBU with a combi involves much more work than a combi swap.

Dan Robinson from this forum lives in Herts but for some reason he seems to prefer to work away from home in London.

See if you could get him to quote as he is bound to do a good job otherwise you would complain to us on here!

Tony

Sponsored Links
agree with tony Ideal/biasi boilers are reasonable quality and have a good record - not in the league of vaillant, veissmann etc but not cheap and unreliable like a certain potty manufacturer who only build boilers that go wrong on a regular basis.

Think you are a bit on the lean side with your pricing Tony, especially london area.

I would have thought £900 labour, £200 materials, parts & electrics then plus boiler and VAT. I usually come out at around £2250 + VAT for this type of job all in.

3 day job if all goes well, 3 1/2 if awkward.

Where are you? What do you have now? Where is the nearest drain? Where is the gas meter?

Combi swap normally two days, ssytem conversion 3 or 4 depending; but I wouldn't fit a supplied boiler.

Hi Dan,
I'm in stevenage.

Currently have a back boiler New World Stowaway. I think the new boiler would go in the kitchen, the gas meter is on the other side of the wall from where I think it would have to go and it would be next to the sink.

I'm easy for you to supply the boiler I just wanted an inexpensive one.

Thanks

well if you do get a biasi, if you looking for performance then get the m110.32 boiler(riva advance he) it is a 14 l/m boiler(that can in fact do 16 l/m at @ a rise of 35 degrees) if you looking for reliable then the m96's(riva compact) is running at less then 1% in warrantee failure rate( better then Valliant I believe).

Then a little down the ladder there is heat-line, cheap as chips

Of course good gas pressure and cold mains flow are need for the more powerful boilers

edit good gas pressure is need for any boiler :LOL:

We would cover Stevenage, but...cheap is not something I do I'm afraid. Our InterCombi list price (with flue, "make my life easier" bracket and delivery) is £954.35+VAT although there is a little movement on that.

But then there are naff all spare parts to buy compared to most of these other cheap and nasty things. So future maintenace costs are going to be much lower - no diverter, no diaphrams, no PHE or thin waterways etc.

Just a pump, fan, 3 temp sensors, gas valve, flow switch, spark generator pcb, burner, EV (at the front that swings out easily).

The Riva advance - tonnes more, IMHO these boilers are sold cheap so that the spares can be milked for all their worth.

shhhh dan don’t let the cat out the bag, i get 30% off list price biasi spares :LOL:

Some people just want cheap, so they get cheap. Only takes one bad ntc for any boiler to not work including atmos and that sprayer thing look like a classic " it was a good idea at the time" thing to me

Hence it is temporarily unavailable - although, I have been sent upgrades for all the ones I installed. They're still sitting in my office; in a sealed box. I have done a few other installers' though. Will propbably be back in October; but don't quote me.

This boiler only has one wet NTC the other two are dry pocket and only measure the heat exchanger temperature, NOT the water temperature.

Clever huh?

Agree though, one dead part means one dead boiler regardless of make and as fans, pumps and gas vavles are often third party anyway....

As mentioned in a previous thread, my first aid kit is several years old and only a few bits short. I don't know the price of any spares as I don't fit them offen enough - no sorry we did change a Multi fan the other week. That went off balance 'cos the numtpy that fitted it did not put a trap on the condensate drain so there was no resistance. It was 69.10+VAT for the part.... How much say for a Keston Clesius fan?

£174.10 :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is the same pena7se that fitted a 150litre unvented cylinder to feed a kitchen sink and cloakroom :!: :!: :!: :eek: along side a boiler that reheated an equivlanent amount of water in 11 minutes from cold :!: :!: :!:

Dan_Robinson said:
Hence it is temporarily unavailable

What is not available and why?

Dan_Robinson said:
no sorry we did change a Multi fan the other week. That went off balance 'cos the numtpy that fitted it did not put a trap on the condensate drain so there was no resistance.

Well that would not affect the inexpensive Biasi because it has a built in trap !!! Currently only 65 mm so you cannot theoretically connect it to a foul drain without another 75 mm trap to meet Building Regs.

Tony

i hate getting in to this "my boiler is better than your" topic

as you have pointed out your self even atmos boiler paired with a useless installer will fail. biasi are cheap(er) so they get bought people that dont care sometimes.

mehran said:
i hate getting in to this "my boiler is better than your" topic

But at least your Biasi is BIGGER than his!

But then its not just how big it is, its how you fit it that counts!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back