Biasi combo boiler lock out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg hi all, was just wondering whether any of you could advise . I have a biasi riva m96.24sm/c2 combi boiler. The boiler lock out light comes whether I am using hot water or central heating. It locks out at random/irregular times so it's hard to pinpoint the problem. Sometime it can work fine for hours and then other times it just cuts out after 30 mins or so. I have looked in the manual at the error light codes but they don't seem to match the lighting the boiler is currently displaying. The right hand light is permanently on green but the centre light flashes red alternately with the left hand light which flashes green. I've looked over the boiler manuals light/problem codes several times but it doesn't match what I am getting. Any possibilities as to what the problem could be would be greatly received. Thanks Steven.

Sponsored Links
Do you know of you have a single PCB on your boiler or two?

If its a single PCB then its most likely to be a faulty PCB.

Tony

Hi tony,

First of all thank you for replying. I am not sure to be honest. I can have a look through the manual tomorrow to see if it's stated in there. I had a gas engineer out but he was unable to get the boiler working and just seemed interested in fitting a new boiler. When I edged in and got it working and showed him the fault he just said He would quote to fit a wireless room stat and service it but he hasn't got back to me since. The boiler although around 6 years old has hardly been used hence why I'm reluctant to have a new boiler just yet. I do need a competent gas registered engineer to fix the boiler but I don't want the wool pulled over my eyes if you know what I mean, especially as I do have a keen interest in diy and understanding on how things work.

Sponsored Links
Clearly you had an "installer" who had no diagnostic skills and whose only interest was getting you to spend £1900 on a new boiler.

You need a "boiler engineer" who both understands boilers and repairs them.

Your boiler is quite repairable and should easily last for more than 10 years.

It may well be a PCB fault and in that case a fixed price repair from Biasi may be more convenient.

Tony

Good idea tony thanks. Think it's just under £250 for a one off repair. I shall get in touch with biasi or another national company such as mr boiler and arrange something. Thank you.

The advantage of Biasi is that they will carry all the spare PCBs for their boilers whereas the others will have to get them and return.

A new PCB for the single PCB model is about £200 so the fixed price repair is usually better value than an independent. That is IF it is a faulty PCB of course!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back