Biasi M90F.24s - no DHW or CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been having problems with my Biasi for the last month or so. Have had two different engineers out on 5 seperate occasions with no joy. I shall start at the begining!

Started with problems with the Hot Water. Would run luke warm and then cut out completely after a few minutes. If heating was on and turned on tap it would all cut out. Engineer came round and diagnosed problem with Heat Exchanger. Booked to come back 2 days later and replace part.

Next day everything stopped working. When truning the heating on there was no action at all. Engineer came back, replaced heat exchanger and said that new problem was fault with PCB (could see small black marks). Booked to come back and replace a few days later.

Before he came back heating started to work again, but still no hot water and heating cut out when I turned on Hot tap. Engineer came back and said problem with HW was due to the pin not coming out enough to activate the switch (sorry forgot proper names of these parts). He opened it up and cleaned the diaphragm. After this the pin still didnt come out enough but i believ he bent the metal contact on the switch so that it would conect. Everything worked fine and he said that it was a temporary fix and tha we needed to get a power flush within the next month.

went OK for a week of two (luckily over christmas!) and then total failure in the New Year. Got a power flush done last week. Strange thing was that while the power flush pumps were connected (via a radiator) everything fired up OK, HW and CH. When he disconnected and packed away it did not work.

We called out a new engineer later that day. He went straight for the APS (previous guy hadnt even looked at it). He attched a tube and blew in gently whilst trying to start the CH. This got it to fire up but only for as long as he blew. He fidled for an hour and then said that APS needed replacing. I asked if he was sure and he tried to show me that the blowing trick again to prove his point and it did not work.

With little other option we agreed for him to come back and replace APS which he duly did the next day. It did not work (except when he blew gently into it). He took the fan out to see if it was blocked as he thought the problem was that not enough air was being drawn through. Looked fine inside. He suggested we try a new fan but at £125 plus VAT and labour I am reluctant.

And this is the point I am at today. When trying to turn on HW or Ch the fan starts but there is no ignition.

Should I just replace the boiler? seems i have already spent the same on labour and parts as a new one would cost!

sorry for the length of the post
any suggestions would be very much appreciated

Sponsored Links
During all this 'testing' has the boiler fired whilst the combustion chamber cover has been off?

Its difficult from what you have said for me to guess whats the problem with the boiler! AllI can say is that I could have repaired it in the beginning for less than £200 when there was just one fault. Now there are probably several caused by your engineers.

However clearly neither of your two engineers have much skill at diagnosing faults and they are what I call "Parts Changers".

Trouble is that they have been charging you for their lack of skill!

Since you employed them to fix your boiler then I am surprised that you have paid them when they did not do that job.

You are now smarting at having wasted your money! But thats now history!

These are very reliable boilers but when they do break down you need a competent engineer to correctly diagnose the fault! If you dont know one yourself then its best to call the manufacturers for details of their local service agent.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back