Biasi M90F 24S Pump leak.

hi

sorry to hijack the thread i have the above boiler and the pump is working intermittently.
i had an engineer look at it who said it was the board but when i metered the board the voltages where the same when it worked and when it did not. i have done lots of reading up and found that the pump should not spray water when you take the brass plug out but just trickle? mine is spraying with considerable force. it is the wilo pump.
any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Wilo pumps do spray out a lot of water and particularly when the pump is worn!

It is almost certain that the impeller side bearing is badly worn and a replacement pump is required.

Although on many of those models just a replacement pump can could be fitted. I sometimes do that as its a little quicker when I have the exact replacement part.

Tony

i did drain the system and remove the pump yesterday it seemed to turn ok but as you say it probably is worn. I believe the boiler is around 12 years old and it has never been replaced.
could you suggest somewher to source the pump from please?
thanks for your fast response.

Craig

If its worn you will feel side ways movement at the impeller.

Often about 3-5 mm before it gets reluctant to turn!

Replacements from boiler spares merchants but you need the exact GC or serial number to be sure as there are about five different types used on the M90 range !

Tony

Sponsored Links
i dont really want to mess around draining the system again is the voltage to the pump meant to fluctuate?

They run at the full mains 230v.

To test a pump you can supply it from a lead to a 13A plug but fitted with a 3A fuse!

Tony

As I said before the fact that there is voltage going to the motor I am inclined to think that the engineer was wrong and it is more likely to be a pump fault.
I have found one so will give it a try. Thanks for all your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back