Big Hole appeared in my garden - what is it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought we had a mole hole in our garden but upon stomping my foot on it today, the ground fell away and revealed a hole about a foot wide.
A good poke with a stick and the hose pipe on it the soil and water just drains away like its going down a drain. I can see a line of sandstone at one part but its about 2 foot deep at the moment.

Anyone any ides what it is, and what I do? and how I can find out if there are others like under the house! (our property is Georgian)

Sponsored Links
Do you know the history of the area your property was built on?
To find sandstone walls might be of interest to local historians, it might be an interesting find, or at the worst you could get your garden dug over free of charge :LOL:

Wotan

Sponsored Links
If you're in the Kings Norton area it might Boudicca's (Boadicea's) burial place. ;)

he has gone a bit quiet i hope he is not to late with the rope

Some pics would be good!

Sandstone - caves?

Underground water course? Maybe one has changed route?

mmm ! let me think ? i know ! a soakaway ? either way it dont sound good ! get the estate agents round first thing in the morn ! get rid, get it on the market ! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back