Blade change on Performance Power CLM250LSM Slide Mitre Saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anybody tell me the secret of moving the rotating blade guide down and then swinging it up together with the blade bolt cover, as per instructions? I can't move the thing. :mad:

(Please don't tell me I should chuck it and buy a decent one at several hundred pounds because I can't afford it, and this is my son's saw that I borrowed. Its in new condition, not worn or dirty. :) )

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
don't know the first thing about that particular saw!!!

are you saying the blade guard wont move or you can't loosen it!!!

you may have a reverse thread [if it rotates]!!!

you may have a second fixing holding it fairly firm [a dowel for example]that require the fixing bolt to be loosend a bit more to clear it and allow rotation

Hi big-all

Thanks for your reply. :)

The blade guard will move as it should when cutting but wouldn't swing out of the way when the securing hex screw pointed to in the instructions was removed. I found it necessary to remove the hex screw between the arm and the lever that moves it out of the way when cutting.

Even then the blade fixing bolt cover needed a little persuasion to "unstick" with a tap from the soft mallet via a thin piece of wood held against it. After that all went well.

Last night I was a bit nervous of using this approach - after all the saw doesn't belong to me - but I had to get the job done so took the risk. Mighty glad it didn't break anything.

I note some very derogatory remarks about these low cost saws, but the end result was a deal better than I could have done by hand, a lot quicker and no back ache.

great glad you got it sorted :D

go for ryobi if you want value and quality :D ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back