Blocked drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it true that coffee grains are responsible for more blocked drains than tea leaves? This is a preventative question in that we drink real coffee, made with ground beans and although we bin most of the used grains, there are quite a few that end up down the drain. Is this a time bomb?

Sponsored Links
AFAIK this is b*llocks. Grease and fat are the best drain blockers. And hair in bathroom wastes.

Thanks Softus, not too sure about 'AFAIK', can you explain, or not on the forum?!
Thanks anyway, it didn't make much sense to me either.

Sponsored Links
Your blocked drain .........I bet you think this song is about you.....don`t you.....and I had a drain blocked with grouts from my coffee, grouts from my coffee.....Carly Simon ;) :LOL: :LOL:

That must be some coffee with grout in it. how many sugars do you take with that? :LOL:

:LOL: :cool: seriously tho` guys ..........a drain on a newbuild I did way back wasn`t to correct fall and the waste disposal I installed caused it to block .............but the builder re-laid it FOC.........because we`re good like that , here in the stix ;)

Nige F said:
:LOL: :cool: .........because we`re good like that , here in the stix ;)

i suppose you pay each other with a bushel of wheat and a groat of parsnips too eh? :eek: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back