blocked pipe woork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone I have blocked pipes on my central heating I have used x 800 flushed it till the water ran clear. one week later return pipe to the boiler is cold the flow pipe is hot to rads for a while then goes cold anyone have any ideas on how to unblock return pipe. thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
First thing to do is fit a magnetic filter and see what you are catching.

How long did you have x800 in the system? and was it all getting nice and hot?

Andy

Hi everything just came home yesterday and no heating x800 was in for a week feed to rads get hot but return to boiler does not if i put it on hot water only its no problem

It could be you have a problem with a motorised valve. What type of valve(s) have you got fitted, and are you normally (when not blocked) able to get central heating without hot water being on?

Sponsored Links
It could be you have a problem with a motorised valve. What type of valve(s) have you got fitted, and are you normally (when not blocked) able to get central heating without hot water being on?
Hi I have a 3 port valve it is situated next to hot tank when i switch from h/w to c/h I can hear it click the c/h pipe gets hot so do the feed pipes to the rads . the valve is danfoss

Hi I have a 3 port valve it is situated next to hot tank when i switch from h/w to c/h I can hear it click the c/h pipe gets hot so do the feed pipes to the rads . the valve is danfoss

Good so it does not seem as though the valve is a problem. The manual venting lever on the valve will be loose to move as well confirming the motor has driven the ball away to open the CH port.

Other than making sure you don't have any air locks in the system it seems that despite using X800 it has not completely cleared your system. So you may need to go for a power flush.

Out of interest and possibly as HERTSDRAINAGE2010 was seeking to find out. When you used the X800 did it initially clear the system and everything get hot. Did you turn your pump to maximum? How long did you leave the X800 in the system for? When you flushed it out did you do it while the system was still hot, or did you do it cold?

Good so it does not seem as though the valve is a problem. The manual venting lever on the valve will be loose to move as well confirming the motor has driven the ball away to open the CH port.

Other than making sure you don't have any air locks in the system it seems that despite using X800 it has not completely cleared your system. So you may need to go for a power flush.

Out of interest and possibly as HERTSDRAINAGE2010 was seeking to find out. When you used the X800 did it initially clear the system and everything get hot. Did you turn your pump to maximum? How long did you leave the X800 in the system for? When you flushed it out did you do it while the system was still hot, or did you do it cold?
Hi when I i put the x800 in I left it in for a week on draining it was as black as night so,so kept running water through untill clear.yes the system was hot at the start.the system ran ok for a week.Im now taking rads off and cleaning with a hose its a long job as i have 17 rads .Hope this ansewers your questions

If its a bad blockage x800 will not get through what ever is blocking it. Is your pump ok ? Usually the debris collects in the downstairs rads/pipework so do them first. If you close all the rads does the return get hot then ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back