Blown render!! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Interesting debate. For what its worth i bought a 5 litre tub of 'Feb' pva yesterday.On the back it says " in areas subject to rising damp, continuous or repeated water immersion or where waterproof properties are desirable use Febond SBR. No mention of it not to be used outside.
The website is www.degussa-cc.co.uk which will probably give more info but i havent the time to look at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
Cheers mate i had a good look and a good read and the pva does say what you say as have the products we have quoted.

So i had a look at their other product for damp areas and low and behold they actually say their other product IS the one for damp areas and list EXTERNAL RENDERING as one of the areas it is to be used in.

Yet another nail in jbondings coffin and it looks that all the jobs he has been doing on rendering outside he has actually been using the wrong product, and do you know why???---Simply because it didnt tell him not to use it outside he took it as gospel that he should.

What a Turkey !

Now will you put the name and address of your plastering company on here so Rogue Traders can pay you a visit and give us all a laugh.

you make me laugh freddie "quote="Freddie"]Cheers mate i had a good look and a good read and the pva does say what you say as have the products we have quoted." what, i've been saying all along it doesn't say anything about not using outside would you agree.

its like you've just discovered waterproof bonding agents freddie, unibond water proofer,feb bond sbr and sika laytex just to name a few, i never stated pva should be used externally as a bonding agent, wake up man.

quote freddie "Simply because it didn't tell him not to use it outside he took it as gospel that he should." so now your agreeing it doesn't say on it DO NOT USE OUTSIDE.

Freddie said:
Cheers mate i had a good look and a good read and the pva does say what you say as have the products we have quoted." Have another good read on that link and tell me were on there it says don't use externally. im sure if it had the devastating consequences you talk of, surely they would of mentioned it, it mentions not to use were theirs rising damp, now do you think they mean inside or outside.

Freddie said:
No one's gonna take you seriously after all your stuff here jbonding, you can twist and turn every little detail anyway you want but it wont make any difference.

Any way i do have a life so i bid you goodbye--have fun :LOL:

twist and turn what details, the fact pva seals dust and reduces suction in a background, but, and im repeating myself again, cannot be used as a bonding agent on externall rendering, so a mechanical key is required ie eml,racking the joints etc. waterproofer in a scratch coat , ive explained this and to anyone who knows nothing about rendering they can understand it would work. unless under extreme weather conditions. now youve gone off the point as regards waterproofer so i take it that im right? your not sure if your right? legs has'nt posted yet so you dont know what to say? i think you and your pal have twisted and turned most things in this thread, because your stories differ ie magic paint verses waterproofer in a scratch coat depending on what time legs signs on. and you are right it wont make a difference how you twist it my side of the arguement stands up, if this was a court of law you and your pal would would be looking at a long stretch or sectioned.

No worries Dougal I am just letting the queen of the giro dig his hole just a little deeper! On more post soon from me then the half Half witted ***** will have no where else to turn. :D

One point mind, thickie, you still have not answered my question .. you stated that Ashlar work is sand cement and lime. Well that is what I use for external rendering every day, just like everyone else so this leads us back to my original question, so read it carefully and answer it. Eleventh time.

Why will the Ashlar rendered wall not break down...deteriorate... blow....perish or whatever term you choose to use, as you tell me my render will because it has waterproofer in it........What magic is there to stop this happenning, they are the same walls, same materials only one has a pretty pattern cut into it.

As for expansion joints you freakin clown, do yo think someone is going to put expansion joints all over a bungalow, just so that cowboys like you can avoid piecings......stop now J bonding the whole of this forum are laughing at you, you utter utter cretin.
That must be about the t***tiest remark you have made yet and is clearly indicative of the fact that you have precious little idea and even less experience. Expansion joints are for ...yep ..expansion!! not so that you can do a wall in manageable little sections :rolleyes:

Long lengths of wall are prone to contraction and expansion with cooling and heating as well as drying. If account is not taken of this, there is a risk of cracking. To reduce this risk, the incorporation of movement joints is necessary. In the case of concrete blocks theese will be contraction joints, and in the case of clay brickwork, expansion joints. Codes of practice recommend that spacings are not adviseable in semi or detachaed houses . Based on traditional construction the MINIMUM recomendation by Home Bond is that in terraces of three or more houses, joints should be incorporated every 12mtrs or every second house, whichever is less at minimum requirement.
Expansion joints indeed J.B. I just love that one.

Well you are just gonna have to tell me what the last item on your Ashlar wish list is J. bonding, because I dont know!

Now answer my question ...How do you produce Quoin stones, what are the methods involved, come on smart arse you claim to know so much how would you do them?????????????????????????

jbonding said:
mix up the unibond with some cement and a handfull of sand and apply with a roller and let it dry, make sure you rake the joints this is the key.

Just incase any intrested parties missed this humdinger from J bonding.

Hey J.B I started my bungalow today and guess what I used to control the suction on my scratch coat.................simply water from a hose.
No raked out joints, no uni bond... done it a thousand times and never a single solitary problem ;)

Now why would you add cement and a handfull of sand to this then if and I quote you here "The fact pva seals dust and reduces suction in a background, but, and im repeating myself again, can not be used as a bonding agent on external rendering" and I do agree on one point raking out the joints would help. Sounds just exactly like a bonding agent with sand and cement added does it not!!!! Why not just use pva??? AHHHH no of course that only takes us back to post numero uno, THE FRIGGIN STUFF JUST FALLS OFF IF YOU DO.

legs-akimbo said:
Well you are just gonna have to tell me what the last item on your Ashlar wish list is J. bonding, because I dont know!

Now answer my question ...How do you produce Quoin stones, what are the methods involved, come on smart a**e you claim to know so much how would you do them?????????????????????????

VOUSSOIRS, now if you didnt know this its not worth me answering your questions, be honest legs if you want to be taught about all aspects of plastering just ask but dont go round the houses.you keep evadeing my questions, ie do you believe in freddies magic paint, waterproofer in the scratch is a preference, do you not see that doesnt make sense, once the water passes the top coat it will never get out and why would it, in there with that dry scratch coat.lol.

legs-akimbo said:
jbonding said:
mix up the unibond with some cement and a handfull of sand and apply with a roller and let it dry, make sure you rake the joints this is the key.

Just incase any intrested parties missed this humdinger from J bonding.

Hey J.B I started my bungalow today and guess what I used to control the suction on my scratch coat.................simply water from a hose.
No raked out joints, no uni bond... done it a thousand times and never a single solitary problem ;)

Now why would you add cement and a handfull of sand to this then if and I quote you here "The fact pva seals dust and reduces suction in a background, but, and im repeating myself again, can not be used as a bonding agent on external rendering" and I do agree on one point raking out the joints would help. Sounds just exactly like a bonding agent with sand and cement added does it not!!!! Why not just use pva??? AHHHH no of course that only takes us back to post numero uno, THE FRIGGIN STUFF JUST FALLS OFF IF YOU DO.

you should get your carer to read all the posts, incidently soaking a wall down to render is frowned upon because a building should really dry out, ive said previously pva,cement,and sand is not pva on its own, if you mix water with cement is it still water? if you mix cement with pva is it still cement, if you mix sand with pva and cement is it still sand you get the point

quote legs "Now why would you add cement and a handfull of sand to this then if and I quote you here "The fact pva seals dust and reduces suction in a background, but, and im repeating myself again, can not be used as a bonding agent on external rendering" bring up the post and lets see what it refers to,PLEASE.

jbonding said:
legs-akimbo said:

Now answer my question ...How do you produce Quoin stones, what are the methods involved, come on smart a**e you claim to know so much how would you do them?????????????????????????

VOUSSOIRS, now if you didnt know this its not worth me answering your questions, be honest legs if you want to be taught about all aspects of plastering just ask but dont go round the houses.you keep evadeing my questions, ie do you believe in freddies magic paint, waterproofer in the scratch is a preference, do you not see that doesnt make sense, once the water passes the top coat it will never get out and why would it, in there with that dry scratch coat.lol.

I confess gladly that that is a new one to me...indeed I own a plastering encyclopediams and it is not in that either so I am not alone.
If you mean by magic paint the sealer then indeed I do believe there is , though I could possibly be wrong If I am I will readily say so ...However if there is Believe you me you will know about it!!!
No Waterproofer in the scratch coat on plain float or napp is a standard practice in Ireland where everything is rendered and I have explained my reasons: Indeed it may be against the recommendations of the manufacturers but they are not the ones who have to put it on the walls in the middle of winter, or for that matter on a hot day in summer where no matter how much you wet the waterproofed scratch coat it dries out within minutes, so that leaves you with a half inch of render on a dry backing coat with the sun beating down...what are the chances of a godd finish then, but you can with a soaked scratch without waterproofer...The reasons are so bloody obvious and if you had ever experienced theese conditions you would clearly know this.....but you have not that is obvious.
Whats more on your last question it does get out...have you not taken on board yet that millions of houses are rendered in this fashion here and they styand the test of time impeccably for crying out loud.

I make the effort to answer your questions and even when I have you simply ignore the fact and seem to ask me again for some puzzleing reason.
As for my two simple little questions you have been asked on fourteen seperate occassions ( and counting) yet you still have not answered them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back