BMW and Audi Accidents

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
probably repaired more than you have ever sat in.

don't believe they are the same platforms? Try google
They're built on the same platform, but materials, trims, cosmetic stuff, details and comfort are very much different.
The fact that they have the same air vents and coolant reservoir doesn't mean they are the same car.
Besides, if you had repaired any Audi, VW or Skoda, you would know that for example the suspensions on a skoda octavia are the same as the much smaller A3.
You won't find A6 suspensions on any skoda.

I actually think VW have done an amazing job differentiating the brands, bearing in mind how much they have in common. And maybe things have changed a lot since I was properly interested in cars, years ago. Back then it was mostly about which cars had the best engine, gearbox and suspension design. Nowadays maybe those are all so good, that the important differences are actually the seats and the rest of the interior and the toys.

They're built on the same platform, but materials, trims, cosmetic stuff, details and comfort are very much different.
The fact that they have the same air vents and coolant reservoir doesn't mean they are the same car.
Besides, if you had repaired any Audi, VW or Skoda, you would know that for example the suspensions on a skoda octavia are the same as the much smaller A3.
You won't find A6 suspensions on any skoda.
Talking out your hat.

See my name ? CAR. MAN , guess what I do

Sponsored Links
I actually think VW have done an amazing job differentiating the brands, bearing in mind how much they have in common. And maybe things have changed a lot since I was properly interested in cars, years ago. Back then it was mostly about which cars had the best engine, gearbox and suspension design. Nowadays maybe those are all so good, that the important differences are actually the seats and the rest of the interior and the toys.
and I'm old enough to remember Austin, Morris group selling exactly the same cars with different trim as different brands. It's not new.

and I'm old enough to remember Austin, Morris group selling exactly the same cars with different trim as different brands. It's not new.

My parents had an Austin 1800 and my uncle had the Wolseley version. The main differences seemed to be leather seats, wood inlay and thicker carpet. There might have been a Morris version as well. Was Morris above Austin in the hierarchy?

My parents had an Austin 1800 and my uncle had the Wolseley version. The main differences seemed to be leather seats, wood inlay and thicker carpet. There might have been a Morris version as well. Was Morris above Austin in the hierarchy?
I think Austin was the base. Morris, wolsley and other brands were aimed upmarket. Old enough to remember them, not old enough to be expert on them

From my motorway driving tonight I can confidently say the worst driver was in a..........Mondeo.

Remember our fanboy is the chappie who thought Audi's ceramic brakes would stop you quicker, which they don't, according to tests. And it 's absolutely fine to drive on the bumper of the car in front....
I suppose if you judge a car by its trim and whether you can talk bó11óx about it then fine.
The Marketing obviously works with some people.
Maybe an archetypical Audi driver?

I tried a few Audis. They're sort of ok. They understeer like crazy, and unfortunately aren't as reliable as Skodas. Or as nimble as BMWs..........

And if you ARE a pathetic snob, it must be a bit galling when a yoof in a Seat Leon pulls up next to you at the lights and sneers at you in your Audi.
Altogether better classes of snob move up that VW group - Porsche, Lambo, Bentley, and that.

I think Austin was the base. Morris, wolsley and other brands were aimed upmarket. Old enough to remember them, not old enough to be expert on them
There was MG, Riley, and Vanden Plas whatever the f that was about. Vanden Plas Allegro, anyone? The trim's nice ;)

Remember our fanboy is the chappie who thought Audi's ceramic brakes would stop you quicker, which they don't, according to tests. And it 's absolutely fine to drive on the bumper of the car in front....
I suppose if you judge a car by its trim and whether you can talk bó11óx about it then fine.
The Marketing obviously works with some people.
Maybe an archetypical Audi driver?

I tried a few Audis. They're sort of ok. They understeer like crazy, and unfortunately aren't as reliable as Skodas. Or as nimble as BMWs..........

And if you ARE a pathetic snob, it must be a bit galling when a yoof in a Seat Leon pulls up next to you at the lights and sneers at you in your Audi.
Altogether better classes of snob move up that VW group - Porsche, Lambo, Bentley, and that.
just read some of his posts.

marketing works wonders

The real issue here is jealousy. They obviously don't drive an Audi or BMW themselves, because if they did they would not say "Audi drivers do this" or "BMW drivers do that".

No, they see these cars on the road and wish they could afford one, but for whatever reason they can't, so instead they criticise drivers of those vehicles to make themselves feel better.

I would say to them: don't get, mad, just do whatever it takes to afford one yourself. Get a better job, higher qualifications etc.

Sponsored Links
Back