BMW and Audi Accidents

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
This thread's hilarious. I've discovered that Audi drivers actually type on a forum with the same stinking superior attitude with which they drive. Oh dear.........really?

Please keep it up. Confirmation bias my arse, when you see a clear and obvious pattern then it's confirmation bias. The key is that it makes no logical sense to buy one, in whose universe?? for anyone with a normal outlook on life at least. Apart that is, from people who like well designed, quiet, smooth, good performing, high quality and well sorted, very low NVH vehicles.
My edits in bold.

Ladies need to look out for the chaps without insecurity compensating cars to avoid disappointment. Ha ha ha !! Yeah; keep telling yourself that..........LOTFL

A classic jealousy post ! You could always get a better job, (or study for higher qualifications to get a better job), to earn more income. And then you could afford to buy and run one yourself, and start to actually enjoy life.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A classic jealousy post ! You could always get a better job, (or study for higher qualifications to get a better job), to earn more income. And then you could afford to buy and run one yourself, and start to actually enjoy life.
Brilliant stuff, absolute textbook vanity. You're so afflicted you don't even understand what's funny (or possibly sad) about what you say.

I'll try and give you an insight... genuinely rich/successful/happy people don't need to blow a ton of cash on peacock feathers so they can strut around and tell the world how good they wish they felt about themselves. They don't need to, as they're quietly assured of their own self-confidence.

Flashy car syndrome is a symptom of insecurity, not a badge of success.

Brilliant stuff, absolute textbook vanity. You're so afflicted you don't even understand what's funny (or possibly sad) about what you say.

I'll try and give you an insight... genuinely rich/successful/happy people don't need to blow a ton of cash on peacock feathers so they can strut around and tell the world how good they wish they felt about themselves. They don't need to, as they're quietly assured of their own self-confidence.

Flashy car syndrome is a symptom of insecurity, not a badge of success.
Or...
People who are comfortable financially want and can be comfortable while they drive.
So they don't go around in a little 20 year old corsa, but in a more comfortable and safe vehicle.

Yeah, because a 20-year old Corsa is the only alternative to an Audi?!?!

Let's say you want a comfortable, safe mid-sized euroblob soft-roader that's basically a jacked-up VW Golf. Your choices are...

Skoda Karoq...
Skoda.png

Seat Ateca...
Seat.png

VW Tiguan...
VW.jpg

Audi Q3...
Audi.jpg

They're all basically the same car. Same platform, engines and mechanicals. It's like hacking into the pentagon trying to get prices from Audi's website, which is probably a clue that they're a bit embarassed about them. So I won't bother listing the price ranges, but I'm certain that they're in price order and there's a massive mug premium for the Audi, based on the fact that they're bought by people who want to impress others rather than a car to do a job.

Those plastic chrome effect rings on the front must be massively expensive to make. Either that or they're happy to take money from the mugs who want to pay more.

You need to fail an IQ test to buy one and/or put a lot of importance on what you think others think about you - the insecurity premium, which VW group are very happy to profit from.

Yeah, because a 20-year old Corsa is the only alternative to an Audi?!?!

Let's say you want a comfortable, safe mid-sized euroblob soft-roader that's basically a jacked-up VW Golf. Your choices are...

Skoda Karoq...
View attachment 296514

Seat Ateca...
View attachment 296515

VW Tiguan...
View attachment 296517

Audi Q3...
View attachment 296519

They're all basically the same car. Same platform, engines and mechanicals. It's like hacking into the pentagon trying to get prices from Audi's website, which is probably a clue that they're a bit embarassed about them. So I won't bother listing the price ranges, but I'm certain that they're in price order and there's a massive mug premium for the Audi, based on the fact that they're bought by people who want to impress others rather than a car to do a job.

Those plastic chrome effect rings on the front must be massively expensive to make. Either that or they're happy to take money from the mugs who want to pay more.

You need to fail an IQ test to buy one and/or put a lot of importance on what you think others think about you - the insecurity premium, which VW group are very happy to profit from.
And clearly you have never been in an Audi.
As you have lots of time in your hand, go to the main dealer of these models you listed and book a test drive.
Then you can talk.
The difference is noticeable.

And clearly you have never been in an Audi.
As you have lots of time in your hand, go to the main dealer of these models you listed and book a test drive.
Then you can talk.
The difference is noticeable.
not as noticeable as you try to make out.

yes there are differences, but they are basically the same cars with slight differences. Not totally different cars.

So they don't go around in a little 20 year old corsa, but in a more comfortable and safe vehicle

How would you ever know?

I know people who have personal wealth in the tens of millions who drive Bentleys, Lambos, helicopters even.
I know similarly wealthy people who are happy to traipse around in battered old land rovers, looking like they've slept in the rags they're wearing.

I know people who are so desperate to show how well they're doing, they put private plates on beemers and audis they can only afford by existing in ****ty little rental flats too.

It takes all sorts.

Last edited:
not as noticeable as you try to make out.

yes there are differences, but they are basically the same cars with slight differences. Not totally different cars.
Same thing as sofas from the same manufacturer.
Identical look, but one costs 3 times as much and has a different name.
So the fools buy the cheap one and claim is the same sofa...
Until they sit onto the more expensive one...
Which incidentally weighs twice as much...
But "it's the same sofa"

How would you ever know?

I know people who have personal wealth in the tens of millions who drive Bentleys, Lambos, helicopters even.
I know similarly wealthy people who are happy to traipse around in battered old land rovers, looking like they've slept in the rags they're wearing.

I know people who are so desperate to show how well they're doing, they put private plates on beemers and audis they can only afford by existing in ****ty little rental flats too.

It takes all sorts.
Of course, but not everyone buys a nice car to show off.
Many buy it because they like the comfort and everything else that comes with it.
It's not unusual to see me in dirty work clothes driving my A6 because it's my daily motor.
I don't get suited and booted to go for a ride.
I don't give a shyt what people think, I like my car and enjoy it.
Until end of August that is, because Mr Khant decided I have to get an electric cardboard box.

So your car will be banned (as in prohibited)?
Not banned but I would have to pay £12.50 to take it out of the drive.
Not being rich I have no other option than sell it for a bunch of coins to some lucky person outside London.
A car that is like brand new with only £65k miles on the clock and no advisory on last mot a few weeks ago.
It was paid £60k 15 years ago.

Sponsored Links
Back