Boarding with laminate boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a loftspace and a ceiling to board out.

Between the joists is PIR insulation, and over the joists is going a thermal laminate board of 40mm insulation + 12.5mm SE boards.

This board seems quite stiff, do still I need to get the board edges lined up on joists (like you have to with single plasterboard sheets?), or is it OK to have board edges unsupported between joists?

Sponsored Links
To answer my own question, I found the technical data sheet for the boards:

Gyproc ThermaLine pir Product Data Sheet said:
Fixing
Fix boards with decorative side out to receive joint treatment or a skim plaster finish. Lightly butt boards together. Never force boards into position. Install fixings not closer than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges. Position cut edges to internal angles whenever possible, removing paper burrs with fine sandpaper. Stagger horizontal and vertical board joints between layers by a minimum of 600mm. Locate boards to a the centre line of framing where this supports board edges or ends.

So the manufacturer says the ends should be supported on the josts. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back