boiled eggs cracking in the pan

Sponsored Links
It's all down to the change in temperature from being in the fridge to going into boiling water.

You either need to let them get to room temperature or put them in cold water in the pan then bring to the boil.

We'll be discussing collapsing souffles next......................... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

spot on, plus a dash of vinegar in the water ;)

Sponsored Links
eggs start cooking at about 70°C, so in theory you could not-boil and egg and still have it cooked..

To stop the eggs cracking, put a spent match in the water when it starts to boil.
Honest it works, my grandmother told me about it many moons ago.

hold half the egg in for a few seconds before dropping it in......no cracked egss but plenty of scalded fingers. :D

so basically any polutant that alters the boiling point of the water then? ( salt, vinegar, carbon etc.. )

Warm the eggs in a mug of water from the hot tap before you cook them. This causes the air pcket to expand and you will see tiny bubbles escaping through the porous shell. You can do this while bringing the pan to a gentle simmer. i can't think when I last had an egg crack.

Also, use FRESH eggs. as they get older they dry out through the shell and the amount of air in teh end pocket increases. It is this air expanding that causes the cracks.

I also find fresh free-range eggs are bettter than Cruelty eggs.

Sponsored Links
Back