Boiler dhw problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Savio GAIA 424S. Since last year we have been having problems with the d.h.w. It does not fire when the c.h. is not on. It fires only when the c.h. is on. Different engineers give different analysis. We have no hot water in the summer last year when the c.h. is not on. Help please!

Sponsored Links
Never heard of your boiler but it will be flow switch/diaphram related.

Thank you very much for your instant reply. I think you are right but none of the engineers who came told me that! Wonder if anyone near to Witham, Essex can help to fix the problem and wonder how much it may cost me? Or should I order the parts and fix it myself?

Sponsored Links
It does indeed appear to be a Biasi.

First thing I would do is replace the DHW membrane, as they call it in the spares guide. Item 50, part no BI1011 102.

It will almost certainly be made of components found in more common boilers... any chance of a photo of your innards?

Oh yes ! right at the bottom of the manual shows BIASI U. K. Ltd.
it is about 8 years old. wonder if we can get the parts from the company.

Yes, in the manual it is part no.16 BG1011 102. It could be the same part as yours, Dave.

That will be it.

Should be readily available at Parts Center or any independent supplier.

Just give them the part number you have found. Shouldn't cost you more than about a tenner retail ;)

Thank you very much Dave and all. You have taken a great load off me but still more to go before it is all fixed. I will try out your suggestions. By any chance any of you know a parts centre around Witham, Chelmsford, Braintree, Maldon, Tiptree, Colchester?
Many many thanks again.

Charles.

That model is based on a Biasi 24S but it does have a few notable differences.

There is an analogue pressure sensor which cuts off the boiler if the pressure falls too low.

The PCB is housed in a difficult to manage box on the left with an added small display PCB to give LED indications of the functions.

What is very likely to fool engineers is that the green power light flashes! That IS normal and its not a fault!

Apart from that its pretty much like the 24S.

Previous models of Savio are completely different from any other boilers and there are several different types as well. Luckily they are not very common.

Tony

Thank you very much Dave and all. You have taken a great load off me but still more to go before it is all fixed. I will try out your suggestions. By any chance any of you know a parts centre around Witham, Chelmsford, Braintree, Maldon, Tiptree, Colchester?
Many many thanks again.

Charles.

Click HERE for their website, then enter your postcode to find the nearest branch.

Thank you very very much. I'll try to go to Chelmsford to find the centre, failure of which I'll try the Colchester branch.

Charles

Thank you very very much. I'll try to go to Chelmsford to find the centre, failure of which I'll try the Colchester branch.

Charles

Hi again everyone.
After so much of your effort I have got the membrane but I couldn't get the 2 pipes away from the hydraulic actuator. I removed the 2 forks but the pipes refused to move away. I do not use a plier for fear of bursting the pipes. Is there any special way to get the pipes away?

Charles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back