Boiler Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is to get advice only for a occupant wit boiler troubles...i aint repairing it.

boiler is a linear, from info recieved it suffers either multi problems or/and pcb problem.

boiler pressure increases to 3 bar each night and drains itself. (im thinkin blockage/divertor valve jammed between 2 ports)

ch thermostat controls do not operate as they should no flame or ignitions once standard control test is done..from high flame to low flame flame out then no re-ignition on increase temp demand with continual running of fan or/and pump(im thinking thermostats/pcb)

occupant complains lack of hot water from tap/insufficient temp acheived in particular when ch is on( im thinking divertor valves again and thermostat controls) combined aint sure but can only think that so many problems could make it appear to be pcb fault.

anyone got any suggestions for this person prior to rgi being called in

Sponsored Links
boiler pressure increases to 3 bar each night and drains itself. (im thinkin blockage/divertor valve jammed between 2 ports)

Highly unlikely.

Best advice to tenant is to shower elsewhere and put pressure on tightfisted landlord to get rgi in immediately

Sponsored Links
As ben stated, spot on advice, seeing as the landlord is getting an RGI in ;) No need for you to do FF, unless you are an RGI fella. We don't give specific FF to the unqualified for safety reasons....

sounds like poo to me

done the gas course done the exams didnt complete portfollio by one job and recon stick the gas safe register up your jacksy

person is not a tennent and holds complete responsibility, however getting rgi man in does not garantee expertise where inexperienced engineers often attend boiler call outs as you well know.

so no real advise given

sounds like poo to me

done the gas course done the exams didnt complete portfollio by one job and recon stick the gas safe register up your jacksy

How did that situation arise?

Is it not retrievable?

If you have the ACS then surely you can be added an an operative to a gas firm?

Its best to work WITH the system rather than getting angry and annoyed!

Tony

like any job agile many see new entrants as competition ect, went through the motions as you do completed everything but one job and was left short chasing it was to hard especially when some of the guys i talked to wanted to charge 250 per job i go on payable by me even if it was changing a washer on a tap(yeah right ain doin that me ol mucker)

there was some good one who let tag on and do fires another who let me do land lords checks a cooker etc fire service ect

but stopped dead at 19 of 20 jobs throw portfollio away so now at 0 jobs must be a good 12/18 mths now since last job.

however ive been asked advise on this one for when the guy calls a rgi with it having multi faults and continual running of fan ect and lack of experience advise is sought

over pressure, logic says filling loop or circulation problem
temp well if divertor is passing cold into system on both sides could it create the over pressure and im inclined to think it will or can reduce temp of hot tap feed and may shed light on why presidence doesnt appear to be given to the dwh, however im not sure why boiler fails to relight after temp is acheived at boiler. the fan is continually running when system is not in use which kinda makes me think pcb which may also apply to the failed re-ignitions.

i could be completely wrong and barking up the wrong tree but by asking it serves it purpose
1 should i ever be compelled to undertake a fresh course then i have better knowlege for what im getting into
2 it serves the occupants needs as he will have been given informations as to what the problem is.
as i have siad at first instance ive no intent on working on it so no trial and error no testing so i cant be held resposible etc and cash in hand isnt a hobby of mine

See FAQ's on how to check the expansion vessel. Often doesn't involve touching any gas carrying parts.

but stopped dead at 19 of 20 jobs throw portfollio away so now at 0 jobs must be a good 12/18 mths now since last job.

I dont see how that can help anyone!

I am sure that it could have been sorted out but I can only guess that you have a very short temper or something to throw away all your hard work and part of your future.

Tony

I dont see how that can help anyone!

I am sure that it could have been sorted out but I can only guess that you have a very short temper or something to throw away all your hard work and part of your future.

Tony

Yes, he sounds angry at someone, been there mate,l used to blame the world, anyone but myself.

Yes, he sounds angry at someone, been there mate,l used to blame the world, anyone but myself.

You can blame the world but the world does not care!

Me Gordon Brown doest cars about you! He is comfortable with his £170k pa job. He will not meet you or spreak to you and has a team of secretaries to acknowledge your letter if its one of the first 400 in the day.

YOU are the only one who could care about yourself but throwing away your portfolio is not the thing to do.

thanks for the advise on expansion vessel.

as for angry at the world it makes no odds, the rules have been changed and my acs exams count for nothing as gas safe register insist on nvq 2 and fail to recognise acs as a qualifying exam.

went to inform the guy tonight to have hes epnsion vessel checked but was shown the problem which ive identified.

found the temp was set to super volcano, rads on microbore so it leaves very little room for expansion when rads trv close thanks for the possitive and help full suggestion.

agile i know what yer saying mate, had enough at teh time though i think all ive got left of my portfollio is the address sheet of where jobs was undertaken, but so im informed even if i completed prior to change over to capitta all i would get is cookers and fires as ive not got enough on the others. just one of thsoe things i think.

could do with some more advise on doing a safety test on one of my appliances its now listed as cooker testing cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back