Boiler flue position nuisance (yes that one again...)

Thanks guys...He's on some sort of disability benefit - for depression or bi-polar or some other condition; doesn't stop him driving two cars and 'working' in his garden (though what he's actually doing I'm not sure...)

Anyway - that's battle number one to me.

Now I can chase him for the £600 I billed him for when his useless DIY skills led to him buggering up his water service pipe just before the stop tap - which caused no end of damage to my plaster and carpet. He just left it running for weeks (after taking up a few floorboards to let it run away under the floor,) but it was spraying the party wall and I only noticed it when my wife lost something behind the cupboard we keep in that corner. The wall was saturated, the carpet stained, the MDF skirting swelled to twice it's normal depth.

Had to have the plaster hacked off, some of the boards taken up (to make sure the joist ends were still OK,) treat them with preservative, render scratch coat then limelite and finally skimmed. After it was decorated, another £250 for a new carpet.

He won't pay, of course, so I'll have to pursue it through the small claims court - but knowing the stupid beggar he'll probably ignore the summons.

Sponsored Links
[The boiler] was installed on a grant (because he's permanently on benefits,) and [he] refused to pay for [a plume management kit] at the time of installation.
But if he was on benefits he wouldn't have paid for the kit. Sounds as if the company handling the grant was treating the kit as an "optional extra".

I reckon Gas Safe has made the installer do the job for free, and, hopefully, given the grant company an earfull.

He promised to put his findings in writing, but he also said he'd be making a couple of phone calls - and I assume one of them was to the installer. We returned from our hols on the 16th, but there was no letter. But when I looked outside today - this is what I saw....

That does not alter the flue being 125 mm from boundary.

But it does address the POC getting into your window.

Well done!

For once Gas-Safe have done something useful.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Now I can chase him for the £600 I billed him for when his useless DIY skills led to him b*****r up his water service pipe just before the stop tap - which caused no end of damage to my plaster and carpet. He just left it running for weeks (after taking up a few floorboards to let it run away under the floor,) but it was spraying the party wall and I only noticed it when my wife lost something behind the cupboard we keep in that corner. The wall was saturated, the carpet stained, the MDF skirting swelled to twice it's normal depth.
Don't you have house insurance?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back