Boiler not firing, no H/W or C/H

Sponsored Links
that's much better Adam
Right your wiring centre leaves a lot to be desired but I've seen worse
Terminals 7 and 8 ,I think we knew there would be a core missing from 8 but it looks like there is on missing from 7 too,I can see the black and orange is the blue going to 7 too?
If so then presumably it belongs to the same flex as the green/yell in 8, if so trace the brown from the same flex and find out which terminal it connects to
Also can you see where the flex on the top left hand side of the photo is going too? (it's brown is connected to 9
Matt

The blue is also going to 7 (orange, black and blue in 7)

The blue belongs to the same flex as the Green / Yellow in 8.

The brown from the same flex is in terminal 6.

The above flex is from the cylinder stat.

The flex with the brown in 9 is going to the Grundfos pump.

Ok turn on the programmer but turn down the room stat then measure the voltage between 6 and 2 if 0v then measure between 6 and 3
if still 0v then check between 1 and 2 then 1 and 3

Matt

Sponsored Links
hi,

230v between 6 and 2

I check voltage between all sets of numbers you just gave and there was 230v at every set.

hi,

230v between 6 and 2

I check voltage between all sets of numbers you just gave and there was 230v at every set.

ok now check between 7 and 2 then 8 and 2 one should give 230v the other 0v
if not the cyl stat is at fault

hi,

230v between 6 and 2

ok now check between 7 and 2 then 8 and 2 one should give 230v the other 0v
if not(I suspect not) the cyl stat or stat wiring is at fault

230V between 7 and 2.
0V between 8 and 2

is the boiler firing? if not then it is strange that it is firing for central heating and not hot water

can you see where the black cable core in 7 goes to?
out of interest what is the make model of room stat?

The boiler is firing for heating only.

If water is on constant and heating is off then the boiler does not flow.

If the heating is turned to constant the boiler fires up.

Black core goes under floorboard.

room stat is Honeywell DT90e

Yes when I push heating constant or the dial rotates round and the heating is set to timed the boiler fires.

The water in the cylinder is cold. I put the water on constant before I left for work at 8am hoping that when I get home it would be hot but it was coming out cold.

Yes when I push heating constant or the dial rotates round and the heating is set to timed the boiler fires.

The water in the cylinder is cold. I put the water on constant before I left for work at 8am hoping that when I get home it would be hot but it was coming out cold.

putting the water on constant via the programmer will not work as its disconnected, put the central heating on constant and turn the room stat off
the boiler should be firing the pump should be running and the cylinder should start to heat up

Ok I'll try that. Thanks for all your help Matt.

Is there a cable I need to add or should I wait for the engineer to come tomorrow night and leave it with him?

there needs to be a cable connected from the hW off terminal on the programmer
to terminal 8 in your wiring centre
this will enable you to select heating ch only if req

for now (until you replace the programmer) if you req ch then turn it off/on via the room stat and not the programmer or you will lose your hotwater

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back