Boiler not firing up!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! I had a new potterton boiler put in a year ago and was working fine till this morning. When I returned home from work I put the boiler on and it made noises but it definitely didn't fire up. The lights on the front don't indicate that there is a flame failure or burner on. I have no heating and hot water! The pressure bar is on about 1 and 3 quarters. We're having some work done on the house at the moment and radiators have been taken off and put back on several times. Could it be something to do with this?.

Sponsored Links
god this is boring

1 boiler model /system or combi

2 system type if not combi

3 read the post titled before you post" :rolleyes:

beat me chris ;)

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure how I would be able to tell if either of those are working. The boiler is making a whirring kind of noise that could be the fan.

go outside and stick your hand over the flue
can you feel a draught

put your ear on the nearest rad
can you hear the water moving

Can't hear any water moving in radiators (can hear faint whirring of boiler vaguely) and no air coming out of vent outside.

Maybe dirt got in system when rads removed/replaced, stuck pump/diverter, were the pipes covered to keep out dirt while work was going on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back