Boiler plumbing, this okay?

Even by Scottish standards you were robbed. :D

The washing machine will be fine. The poor fecker in the shower might have different opinions though ;)

It's Fife Dan. All Fifers have short arms & deep pockets; 'Come away in son, you'll uv hud yer tea eh'??!!!
Tight gits!! They wouldn't give you the cheese off their foreskin!!

Sponsored Links

The washing machine will be fine. The poor fecker in the shower might have different opinions though ;)

It's Fife Dan. All Fifers have short arms & deep pockets; 'Come away in son, you'll uv hud yer tea eh'??!!!

LOL ... Fifers ... tight? ... not sure where you've heard that from ;)

To be fair, all quotes were within £300 of each other so no single quote was significantly cheaper or more expensive than the other.

god i hate plastic , don't know about ideal but usually can't have plastic with 1 meters to boiler

edit ; is that third picture below boiler ?

Normally on the flow and return though to be fair

LOL ... Fifers ... tight? ... not sure where you've heard that from ;)

To be fair, all quotes were within £300 of each other so no single quote was significantly cheaper or more expensive than the other.

As tight as a Duck's arze mate & that's water tight. I work there all the time & they never offer you anything!! You'll never get offered tea, coffee......nothing!!
Edinburger is the same tight konts there too!!

Ayrshire, Glasgow anywhere in the West it's rolls & sausage, lashings of tea etc etc......We feed tradesmen that work in our homes. It's called hospitality!!

Sponsored Links
Gotta agree with you there PG, even the migrant workers over here in Glasgow, that I've met recently on my portfolio escapades, have been offering us apple tee, biscuits and a haircut (y)

Whoa whoa WHOAAA!!!

I need to defend Fifers on this. Now granted, the works I'm getting done at present haven't included refreshments ... however in my defense I don't live in the property and it's currently being renovated. In the past, I recall a joiner doing work for the family years back. I used to offer him a coffee and biscuits BEFORE he'd even started, sometimes he accepted sometimes he chose to bash on.

So, I'm maybe in a minority, but if any of you ever happen to be doing work in my own property, and I'm around, you're almost guaranteed refreshments :) ... and at no charge before someone tries to be smart ;)

Whoa whoa WHOAAA!!!

I need to defend Fifers on this. Now granted, the works I'm getting done at present haven't included refreshments ... however in my defense I don't live in the property and it's currently being renovated. In the past, I recall a joiner doing work for the family years back. I used to offer him a coffee and biscuits BEFORE he'd even started, sometimes he accepted sometimes he chose to bash on.

So, I'm maybe in a minority, but if any of you ever happen to be doing work in my own property, and I'm around, you're almost guaranteed refreshments :) ... and at no charge before someone tries to be smart ;)

REFRESHMENTS!!!.......LOL!!!!
Someone once told me it's because there was a lot of Miners in Fife & the Lothians. The housewives were not used to having men around the house all day & feeding them.
In the 'West is Best', a housewife would be ridiculed by their mother or neibhours if they weren't hospitable.
Their father or husband would be told down the Pub about their womenfolk's lack of hospitality.

The norm is breakfast rolls at 10.00am & soup/pieces at Lunch time, with tea & coffee being offered all day long. North England is the same wonderfully nice hospitable folk.

Whoa whoa WHOAAA!!!

REFRESHMENTS!!!.......LOL!!!!
Someone once told me it's because there was a lot of Miners in Fife & the Lothians. The housewives were not used to having men around the house all day & feeding them.
In the 'West is Best', a housewife would be ridiculed by their mother or neibhours if they weren't hospitable.
Their father or husband would be told down the Pub about their womenfolk's lack of hospitality.

The norm is breakfast rolls at 10.00am & soup/pieces at Lunch time, with tea & coffee being offered all day long. North England is the same wonderfully nice hospitable folk.

Then feel sorry for us in East Sussex Dickie as often were as far away from all that as it gets:ROFLMAO:

When we did our house up, the builders were treated to SWMBO's world famous curry every Friday home cooked the night before.

More work got done on a Friday morning than the rest of the flipping week put together.

Including Friday afternoon :(.

Our Leccy bill sky rocketed too as the bloody kettle was on 9 hours a day.

Muggins here got sweet FA.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back