Boiler problem after drain down

L

longdogs

Hi

IDEAL EVO HE C22/30 COMBI

Wanted to fit a new rad so drained the system after adding cleaner. Fitted the new rad, filled the system, bled all the rads. Turned on the central heating, pressure gauge increased after about 30 seconds, then boiler cut out.

Had a look at the boiler (which is in the loft) and the display had an error flashing L9 which according to the manual is a dry fire thermistor error. Reset the boiler and error disappeared but now reads 0 and three parallel lines (alternating) Tried resetting but boiler only fires up for a few seconds.

Boiler was switched off whilst work was carried out
Have bled the pump in the boiler
Boiler itself is warm but not pipework
All isolation valves are open
PCB was replaced six months ago
No CH or DHW

Any ideas very welcome please.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
it means boiler over heated

L9 fault code, boiler over heating, then displays "0" alternating "- - -" wont restart until temperature below 50 deg c
"t" is domestic water preheat, "c" is heat demand & "d" is hot water flow demand "P" frost

Wait for the boiler to drop below 50 degree.

Sounds like the boiler is full of air. Especially if boiler is high point (a bad idea in my book)

dry fire thermostat may now be damaged.

Turn gas off and fire it up may give it chance to get the water going.
Open centre screw of pump to let air out until it gets going.

Sponsored Links
GENIUS :)

Turning the gas off and re-bleeding the pump appaers to have worked - rads are starting to warm up now.

Thanks mate. Next time I come up to Humberside to buy a couple more cats, I'll pop round with some beers :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back