Boiler Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been using the Worcester 24i combi boiler for 13 years and I think it's time for a replacement since new boilers are A rated efficiency which will save some gas and electricity so the first thing we did is rang British Gas for a quote since they offer £400 off and HomeCare 300 for a year.

The quote we have been given is British Gas 532 boiler, horizontal flue with standard plume kit (£1801.24), installation and pipework (£1668.01) and electronic boiler control (£103.96) which the total comes to £3173.21 but the installation is nearly the same cost as the boiler, so what are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links
1 year warranty? Independents will offer at least 5 years on a better boiler.

HomeCare plan free?

Wtf is a warranty for then?

£400 trade in? Don't make me laugh ;)

I will get some quotes from other companies around my area, I know I should look for a Gas Safe Register but what else?

Also what's the best and reliable boiler brand I should also look for as well?

Sponsored Links
"which boiler" threads are a weekly and reciprocal occurance.

Recommendations from friends and neighbours is your best starting point.

Plenty of professionals on here work in London too.

Our boiler prefence goes something like this

Intergas
Atag
Vaillant
Vokera

Sorry if I have missed somthing....but...

Your boiler is 13 years old, which is not that old and it sounds like it is working fine.

Why spend a lot of money, just to save a smallish amount of money per year. It will probably take you 5-10 years just to make the money back in savings. Probaly nearer 10 years if your current boiler has an efficiency rating in the high 70s.

Maybe spend the money on better heating controls, thermostatic valves, insulation. All these other things may have a much bigger impact and shorter payback time.

I would only consider replacing a perfectly functioning boiler if it is beginning to require lot of uneconomical repair, it has actually failed or you are doing a major rennovation and would need to replumb it anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back