Boiler somtimes fails to light ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our boiler ( Sime Super 90 MK II ) which is about 10 years old now sometimes fails to light.

When the heater comes on it tries to ignite then the red light appears. I just have to turn the dial to the flame symbol and it will light.

Then the rest of the night it is fine, it's like the boiler is just a bit too cold to start up or something, but I have no idea :p

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
HI

need more details,and you might not get any reply/help due to make of the boiler as not many engineers install/repair these boilers.
boiler not igniting can be caused by varios things eg,pressure switch fault,hw/ch sensor fault,p.c.b fault and more.

I repair a lot of these - but you need to open up the CC on 80% to repair the fault you have. Thats probably why LUNAT has been evasive - we can't give advise on gas related repairs.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
Or put better is a gas related fault which will need a gas registered engineer.

My immediate reaction is to wonder when it was last properly serviced!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back