Sime Superior 60 Boiler will not ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help with this. We have had no heating for 2 weeks now.
Our Sime Superior 60 boiler will not ignite (the flame does not come on)

We have tried to light the flame with a match but this does not work.
We have tried leaving the system off for a few days and then turning it back on and we have tried leaving the system on in the hope that it will ignite by itself and nothing happens.

We have heard that this can be caused by the pressure being too low or too high in the system, but cannot work out how to raise or lower the system pressure and there are no dials on the boiler to show the pressure.

We are wondering if the electric ignition switch could be broken.

How can we find out if the problem is the switch or the pressure and if it is the switch can we replace it ourselves (and how)?

Sponsored Links
As you have had no heating for the last two weeks in very cold weather its evidently not a big priority to you.

I think that its a boiler designed for a non pressurised system so it will not have a pressure gauge on it. It could be fittted in a pressurised system and then the controls would be elsewhere. The presssure is unlikely to be cause of it not igniting.

You should not be opening the boiler or trying to light it with matches.

As its apparently a gas/combustion related matter then the best advice I can give you is to get a competent gas registered engineer.

Tony

As you have had no heating for the last two weeks in very cold weather its evidently not a big priority to you.

I think that its a boiler designed for a non pressurised system so it will not have a pressure gauge on it. It could be fittted in a pressurised system and then the controls would be elsewhere. The presssure is unlikely to be cause of it not igniting.

You should not be opening the boiler or trying to light it with matches.

As its apparently a gas/combustion related matter then the best advice I can give you is to get a competent gas registered engineer.

Tony

This is a big issue to us as we have been using electric heaters and are very concerned about the cost.

We are living on a very low wage and do not have any savings in which to use on getting an engineer out. Is there anything that you could suggest that we try?

Karen

Nothing to DIY.

What about overtime, friends, relatives to make a donation or loan?

If you are in really dire need social services, charities or local church?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Nothing to DIY.

What about overtime, friends, relatives to make a donation or loan?

If you are in really dire need social services, charities or local church?

Tony

oh really helpfull agile

you pratt :rolleyes:

op if you e mail [email protected] i will send the mi's with the fault finding

dont know enough about this boiler to help any further sorry :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back