boiler turned off by an engineer

It was a Landlords gas safety inspection and I would have done exactly the same, if the tenant has no CH/HW then the Landlord will give the go ahead if they do have CH/HW they will feck around for ages without giving the go ahead for the proper repair.

Sponsored Links
Modern management models! :cautious:

You don’t go to them for assistance, when you have a problem.
They come to you when they have a problem and need someone to blame!
It was a Landlords gas safety inspection and I would have done exactly the same, if the tenant has no CH/HW then the Landlord will give the go ahead if they do have CH/HW they will feck around for ages without giving the go ahead for the proper repair.

Regards the missing badge. How are they fitted to the case, considering screws are a terrible danger?

Regards the missing badge. How are they fitted to the case, considering screws are a terrible danger?

Three little plastic lugs on the back slide into plastic grommets mounted in the holes. The funny thing is we had British Gas ones to fit to WB models like the 532 and they always fell off but no one went ballistic over it........

The usual solution would be to put PRS10 tape over the holes to make safe until a proper repair was carried out. If he didn't have any then he did nothing wrong by turning it off.

The outer case is only a plenum chamber and is allowed a certain amount of leakage anyway - can't remember how much offhand but it's not negligible.
Well if it was positive it would blow air out of the trumpet . The cooling impeller creates an impression of a positive effect

Bloody hell your're in the wrong already ....I never said anything like that .....it wasn't me ! So much for your take on things ........

Sponsored Links
Three little plastic lugs on the back slide into plastic grommets mounted in the holes. The funny thing is we had British Gas ones to fit to WB models like the 532 and they always fell off but no one went ballistic over it........

How about a novelty fridge magnet to cover the holes? :
MGSSS20-BAN.jpg

It all a load of ballcocks, take a look at the later Vaillant Ecotec boiler for example and compare it with the early Ecomax E model, much the same layout but the 613E, 824E and others have a massive cutout in the front casing to accommodate the black plastic control box which just rest up against the back of the front casing, so should they all be condemned?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back