Boiling combi boiler! Chaffoteaux Celtic

Sponsored Links
Mcguire may be short but hes right, best thing for you to do do is get a new combi.

Chrishutt you really need to understand boilers celtics have had there time replace asap.

Sponsored Links
cracked it! thanks to all for tips but some of you did digress a little in later posts, the problem was actually on the circuit board a little H shaped contact had fallen out once reinserted hey presto everything works fine, a victory for the incompetant person? or just good fortune who knows! p.s. read with interest slider1984 request for help as it was the same boiler chishut is only concerned with cap locks, you could have answered (perhaps) the question then asked for locks off but you seem to get some sort of perverse pleasure in winding people up you can see the guy was stessed proberley spent all night trying to fix it if you dont want to help folk log off and get alife you got what you deserve!

GaryS said:
read with interest slider1984 request for help as it was the same boiler chishut is only concerned with cap locks
You won't have seen the extremely abusive and offensive posts that Slider directed at me (which have been deleted by the Mod). Perhaps if you had you might understand why I didn't feel very inclined to help.
GaryS said:
you seem to get some sort of perverse pleasure in winding people up you can see the guy was stessed proberley spent all night trying to fix it if you dont want to help folk log off and get alife you got what you deserve!
As for your comments, you seem to have forgotten that I was the only person who bothered to respond your original request for help for the first 4 days. Do you still think your comments are fair?

chris i was very pleased with your response and help but then it all got a little silly in later posts in which you berated a fellow heating engineer does'nt feel great does it? perhaps a little more tolerance by all and the world would be better place, you reep what you sew! wishing you all the best

Awkward to gain access to the main p.c.b. on this french boiler. The only thing that springs to mind of the :h: shaped variety , is , the twin fuses , which , can be removed from the front left of the panel assembly .I cannot , at the moment , remember any type of :loose H type part within the board: , bit of a mystery really.

THIS WAS A VERY EASY JOB TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE PCB IT HAS 4 SCREWS SIMPLE.THE PART SITS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BOARD ITS LIKE A MICRO SWITCH WHICH RECOGNISES WHEN THE HEATING HAS REACHED ITS TEMPERATURE TO WHICH YOU HAVE SET IT AND IT SHUTS OFF THE GAS THEN WHEN THE TEMPERATURE DROPS IT CONNECTS BACK UP AND FIRES UP LIKE A DREAM.SIMPLE JOB TOOK ME 10 SECONDS TO FIX AND THREE DASYS OF PONTLESS TASKS.THANX FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!OH SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS IM NOT A COMPUTER GEEK AND DIDNT REALISE THIS WAS OFFENCIVE.SORRY!!!!IM OFF TO ENJOY MY LIFE LIKE SOME OF YOU SHOULD!!!!!!

SLIDER1984 said:
THIS WAS A VERY EASY JOB TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE PCB IT HAS 4 SCREWS SIMPLE.THE PART SITS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BOARD ITS LIKE A MICRO SWITCH WHICH RECOGNISES WHEN THE HEATING HAS REACHED ITS TEMPERATURE TO WHICH YOU HAVE SET IT AND IT SHUTS OFF THE GAS THEN WHEN THE TEMPERATURE DROPS IT CONNECTS BACK UP AND FIRES UP LIKE A DREAM.SIMPLE JOB TOOK ME 10 SECONDS TO FIX AND THREE DASYS OF PONTLESS TASKS.THANX FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!OH SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS IM NOT A COMPUTER GEEK AND DIDNT REALISE THIS WAS OFFENCIVE.SORRY!!!!IM OFF TO ENJOY MY LIFE LIKE SOME OF YOU SHOULD!!!!!!

Okey enjoy your life..........Ta Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back