bolier commissioning..what is a reasonable price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With the help of an experienced friend I have just installed 3 radiators in my flat, and now need to arrange for a Corgi plumber to install and commission the boilder (its a worcester 24i). I've drilled the hole in the wall for the flu (what a job!!), so all that is required is the boilder fitting. The water /gas pipes are terminating in the right place so it shouldn't be too difficult a job. What would you say would be a reasonable price. Im finding that a lot of plumbers arent keen to do it, I beleive its to do with the guarantee etc. Ive had quotes at around £350.00 Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
get more quotes.

they are trying to politely say they dont trust what you have done.

Why do you think it will be cheaper because of a few things that you have done. Making a hole for the flue is the least of an installers problem. You will find that the differenc between half a job and a full job means nothing to a heating engineer, you are paying for his technical knowledge and experience. That is priceless. I would not touch your job

kev and gas are right good luck getting someone to do your job

if it goes wrong whoare you going to blame pound will get you a pinch of s h i t it wont be yourself

Sponsored Links
I'd do it, but 350 is a bit low. I might want you to put right any errors in what you've done first. Any leaks from your pipes - extra.

Not much difference between doing this job and swapping a boiler is there.

Diy preparation do usually more harm than good. It is for instance much easier to drill the hole, only a 5 minute job with the proper tools, then take the measurements from there. Put the jig and the pre-plumb assembly on and work from there. The way you have done it is arse about first. With all due respect, chances are you don’t know what the pitfalls are and almost surely have done some things wrong that cause problems later. When the system fails next year it is always the plumbers fault. I wouldn’t this job with a barge pole.
Do you bring your car to the garage with a bag full of cheap parts and ask them to just stick them in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back