Halstead VBX30 Commissioning Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have recently installed a Eden VB30 halstead boiler in a new kitchen extension. The system is a open vented fed by a 14 litre tank in my attic & connected to the boiler by 22 mm pipes.

The gas connection (connected by Corgi registered plumber) is fine and all of the wiring appears to be ok (although apparently the wiring guide that came with the boiler had a wiring error!).

When I call for hot water/central heating the bolier fires up for 15 seconds and then turns itself off, displaying 1 of 3 messages:
Error message 2: Water flow failure or differential check faulty/flame for a short period only Reason: sensor temperature differential incorrect
Error message H: No flame. Reason Faulty connector
Error message O: Differential check faulty/flame for 15 seconds. Reason: water flow rate too low

I've tried draining the cylinder (which also has a emmersion heater) in order to drain the hot water as I thought this may explain the differential problem - no luck as the boiler still fires up and then switches off.

None of the prescribed resolutions actions work HOWEVER last night I switched over the sensors on the flow and return and it fires up and runs fine but, according to the instruction book the sensors are on the wrong way round.

I've disconnected the power to the boiler assuming better to be cold than to blow the house up but I'd appreciate some advice about how best to proceed.

My friend who connected the gas is only newly qualified and the connection was not done as an "official" job & I think he's out of his depth in attempting to find a solution.

Any suggestions guys???

Sponsored Links
None of the prescribed resolutions actions work HOWEVER last night I switched over the sensors on the flow and return and it fires up and runs fine but, according to the instruction book the sensors are on the wrong way round.

That would suggest you have flow and return reversed.(or the pump round the wrong way)

Thanet.
PS

As your friend has not done an 'official 'job he can't 'officially' notify it to Corgi (or whoever) You'll be asked for the certificate of compliance when you sell the property. Good luck. ;)

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just checked the pump and it's definitely on the right way round as are the flow and return to the boiler.

Any more suggestions?

Ps. I'm not planning on selling the house at any point.

What about the Halstead guarantee? They were offering 2 years on some boilers when I looked earlier. However, if this is a fault on the plumbing rather than in the boiler I imagine you would be charged for the call.

It has been known for Halstead manuals to be wrong. In mine the part numbers dont correspond to the parts in my boiler.....

Sponsored Links
Eden VB instructions are ok I've installed them and commissioned them and GWN them. I think you have either a wiring fault, circulation fault, undersized gas supply or it is a genuine breakdown unusual but not unheard of. But the thing needs to be commissioned properly with a FGA and get it registered.
If not warrenty might be void and you won't get your boiler fixed, pitfalls of a DIY install I'm afraid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back