Bosch Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have a Bosch dishwasher that stops filling with water and then stalls. I found an unlikely fix which consists of wedging a Tesco catalogue (2" thick) under the front edge, this obviously tilts the whole machine and has been working fine since (although this looks shocking as it wont go under my worktop like this. I assume a level switch or sensor is faulty but trying to gain access was a nightmare. Any suggestions or is this a real job for the professionals?

Sponsored Links
How old is the dishwasher? Post the model and E-number (you will find the E.nr. engraved on the inside of the door lip).

Sorry I did not post before.

The model is a SMS6032/GB/20. Bought around 12 years ago.

Whatever is causing the problem is stopping the water flow into the machine as when it is level if fills a little bit then stops, I tilt it up by leaning it backwards about 10 degrees and the water flows in again and carries on its cycle. If I return it to level again it stops and stalls.

Many thanks.

At 12 years old your machine has done its job astoundingly well & it is probably nearing retirement age. Sounds like the problem is one of the following: blocked/defective pump - clogged drain hose - faulty water valve - blocked matrix - or a defective pressure sensor. The question is...are you willing to spend time & money on such an old machine?

Sponsored Links
The pump has gone grumbly on me, it does work but does not manage to remove all the water before the fill cycle.
Looking on the sites it looks like a new pump is around £60 but then again could it be just oiled/fatted up? I would prefer having a look and see if I can repair before delivering said Bosch to scrap heap!
How do you get the pump out, it does appear before me I am sure at the front right hand side one the access panel under the door is removed. I can see the waste hose and with a push I could remove the 2 star set screws from the flange that connects it to the pump. I can see one 6/8mm nut that looks like it hold the pump on...is this it? I have read to reviews from a pump supplier one saying it is easy to do and just twist off...the other saying blinking nightmare and no instructions come with the pump!
Any help would be appreciated.

Check the E.number again I think it may be wrong.
The pump is not repairable. Throw it away & buy a new one. I think you may be confusing the circulation motor with the pump. Take off the front panel under the door (more room to work if you take off the door facia). You should find the pump on the left hand side & the circulation motor on the right. The pump is small with 2 spade connectors (the circulation motor is much larger). Pumps are usually twist fitted but you have to push a plastic lug on the side before twisting it off.
Pumps don't cost 60 pounds. look on ebay...you'll find plenty for 20 pounds or less.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back