Bosch electric cooker.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend has asked me to look at her cooker for her, I'm afraid details are scarce at this stage but just wondering what to check for,

It is a Bosch double cooker, plug in type on a standard domestic 13A plug. She said she put the cooker on and it tripped the power off. I assume it thre the RCD as she said it was "the big one at the end, not one of the little ones". She put the power back on and the cooker has power to it, clock comes on etc, when she turns the oven on the fans go but no heat is produced.

Obviously I will check the elements, thermostat and continuity of wiring etc, but is there anything else to look at? It seems unlikely that both elements would give up simultaneously, but not impossible I guess.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Set the time cos if it's on auto nothing will work on oven. Check the oven element for continuity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back