Bosch Exxcel dishwasher - fills/drain repeatedly

Hi, I have a Bosch semi-integrated dishwasher (SGI45E15UK/14) which seems to have this same fault.

When I attempt to run a wash cycle, the machine fills, then the drain pump runs ejecting a small quantity of water, then it fill again, drains, fills etc. The check water light comes on and it just repeats this cycle ad infinitum. Running the reset program drains the machine out OK.

It does sound very much like the impeller jug fault would make the most sense - if the controller can't tell how much water is coming in, it will just carry on filling, trip an overfill switch, carry on filling, trip the switch etc... I had a look to see if I could get the impeller jug out to see if it was seized up, check for the presence of a magnet, and attempt to test it with a multimeter and magnet as described, however I couldn't get access to it to remove it without disassembling things which I was loath to do.

I have taken a video of the dishwasher, it would greatly be appreciated if some of you appliance gurus could have a look and reassure me that I have correctly diagnosed the fault?

If I knew it was definitely the impeller jug, I wouldn't feel quite so reluctant to start taking things apart to fix it - but that brings me to my next dilemma. How do I actually get access to the impeller jug?? I tried turning the dishwasher on its side to see if the bottom panel would come off easily, but it doesn't look like it will - I'm almost certain I'll end up buckling it should I attempt it. One other option could be to remove the aquastop filling hose cover plate, I reckon I could just about get a hand in that way, but it would be very very tight... Any guidance on how best to do this?!?

Sponsored Links
Actually, I just had a thought: if the impeller jug is seized, would a flush of hot water help free it up?

The plumbers installed two cold appliance supplies and one hot appliance supply under the sink - the hot doesn't get used for anything. I could temporarily connect the dishwasher up to the hot connection and run the pre-rinse program. That would flush the impeller jug through with hot water without havingto dismantle anything. The dishwasher presumably wouldn't care whether the water was hot or not, I don't think it would be trying to heat the water on the pre-rinse program anyway - would it?

My only concern is whether hot water going through the aquastop supply hosewould do it any damage, with it only being specified for cold water...

Hi my NEFF dishwasher had a very similar sound fault to your own. An engineer was out and replaced the flow meter as suggested. I watched him replace it, he knew what he was doing so it took him all of 2 minutes to do the work.

From the picture you included he was working around the area i've circled, he seemed to disconnect something on the back (i think maybe the inlet housing??) so he could feed the bottom half of the connection through to the side and then disconnect the meter, which looks like this http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/popup_image.php?pID=3274&image=0&osCsid=361gsn3invgpod4oggvfkvaci5

He only had the side panel off the dishwasher, no panels off the back. Clips pushed down the pipes and the meter taken out, new one in, clips back to the correct place.

That's great, thanks!

I suspect it will take me longer than 2 minutes ;) but will update with how I got on when the part arrives.

Sponsored Links
mpeller jug replaced, and the dishwasher is away and working :D

For the record, I disengaged the metal circlip with the aid of a pair of pliers so I could detach the inlet hose from the reservoir on the side. I then removed the aquastop inlet hose panel from the rear of the machine, by pushing in the clip as shown:

The aquastop could then be carefully pulled away enough to get the impeller jug out the back. Being extremely careful of the attached wires!! It looks like this once removed:

940700.jpg

I had a devil of a job getting the old jug off, as I expected - these things never go straightforward for me!! It just didn't want to come off the white aquastop supply hose. Even with a hairdryer it just wouldn't budge a millimetre. Eventually, twisting it to "break the seal" so to speak achieved results.

Reassembled, and it worked perfectly!! [/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back