Bosch single oven connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We need to get a new oven and need one that we can wire to a standard plug.

The Bosch HBA13B150 says it needs 2900watt. I have read that's ok to run through a standard plug. But, nowhere seems to say its ok to run froma plug?

Will it be ok?

Sponsored Links
If you can run it from a plug it will come with a plug.

Thanks, but I have seen two ovens so far that say they can run from plugs and they don't actually come with plugs. So, I don't think that's 100% correct.

I have read that anything under 3000 watt would be fine on a plug? And I have a friend that runs a 3600 watt high end Siemens oven, through an extension cable, into a mains plug and he has no problem!!?!

2900w is 12.6a. So you will be fine with a plug. He will run a 3600w off a plug as long as he don't put everything on full wack at the same time, otherwise it'll blow.

Sponsored Links
I have seen two ovens so far that say they can run from plugs and they don't actually come with plugs. So, I don't think that's 100% correct.
Ok.

I have read that anything under 3000 watt would be fine on a plug?
Technically true but not advisable.

And I have a friend that runs a 3600 watt high end Siemens oven, through an extension cable, into a mains plug and he has no problem!!?!
He shouldn't.

I have seen two ovens so far that say they can run from plugs and they don't actually come with plugs. So, I don't think that's 100% correct.
Ok.

I have read that anything under 3000 watt would be fine on a plug?
Technically true but not advisable.

And I have a friend that runs a 3600 watt high end Siemens oven, through an extension cable, into a mains plug and he has no problem!!?!
He shouldn't.

Edit - It's not the fact that it would be 'on a plug' but what it is plugged into which is the concern.

Thanks I am struggling to find any decen single ovens that specifically say they can run through 13 amp. Despite a lot of the being under 3000 w.

Am I missing something?

I just can't run a new circuit at the moment for a number of reasons.

Thanks I am struggling to find any decen single ovens that specifically say they can run through 13 amp. Despite a lot of the being under 3000 w.

Am I missing something?

I just can't run a new circuit at the moment for a number of reasons.

Manufacturers will generally not refer to anything other than hard wiring their oven (regardless of power ).

The only single oven I've ever seen that specifically mentioned that a 13 amp plug could be used was a Tecnik . And that wasn't a decent oven - It was a useless heap of junk which I threw on a skip after six months . :mad:

Am I missing something?
Only that the reason for not using a plug even when less than 13A is not because of considerations for the oven.

It is to prevent people plugging them into the socket circuit and possibly overloading it with all the other appliances that are in kitchens today.

If you had a separate cooker circuit there would be nothing wrong with fitting a socket to it and using that.

The only single oven I've ever seen that specifically mentioned that a 13 amp plug could be used was a Tecnik . And that wasn't a decent oven - It was a useless heap of junk which I threw on a skip after six months . :mad:

Original Baby Bellings came in two versions - one for 13A plug and one for hard-wiring to a cooker circuit. The 13A version had an interlock so you coulnd't have all bits on at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back