Bosch WF02865GB/01 spins slowly then stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
originally it was the brushes that were too short so replaced and bedded in with crocus paper. All worked a treat for a while then a couple of months later the motor started exhibiting the same symptoms of having under length brushes on the spin cycle going from 8 mins to 1 and never really getting up to speed. Checked the brushes again and they are fine. The multi wire connector for the motor came apart when i took the motor out and I reassembled it and crushed the wires back into the knife type connectors. The Motor spins and washes fine but during the spin cycle of whatever prog we select it backs out at a lower speed and carries on eventually to the next part of the cycle. The washing is v wet at the end of the prog.
Has anyone any suggestions as to what could be the prob? I am thinking of taking the plug apart and hard wiring the connections but as it is working otherwise I think this may be clutching at straws. Hope you can help otherwise a new machine is beckoning and this one is only 8 years old with 3 major repairs.

Sponsored Links
Machine may not be draining properly before spin.
Will not fast spin if load is to waterlogged and heavy.
Pump or even using to much powder at wash can cause draining problems at spin cycle.

You replaced the brushes but possibly the motor armature is getting worn.
You would not replace this as to expensive

Hi Thanks for your reply, although machine is about 8 years old it looks in really good condition. The motor looks brand new still and is not looking worn in the commutator area with grooving caused by years of brush contact. I have tried the spin cycle with nothing in the machine and it still exhibits the same symptoms. I have also checked out the filter and it seems fine too. I am at a bit of a loss on this one and dont really want to buy a new machine for the sake of a simple fix. I may try wiring up the motor connector to make sure it is making good contact and not with those stupid sharp connectors that cut through the wires. A couple of the wires are to do with a tacho readout in the control board, as I have read on other posts, so if this is not sending correctly this may be a backout on the spin cycle possibly.I will see what I can glean from other peoples experiences on here. I will let you know how things go.

The preasure switch may be blocked.
Hoze can jam up with gunk.
Found below lid.
Round switch with black or grey hoze at bottom. Prize the hoze of the switch and if you here a click, thats the preasure being realeased.
Refix it.
Then try full spin if works thats your fault.

Sponsored Links
Hmm not sure what to think here but it seems to be spinning up to normal speed again. I must have disturbed something methinks so will have to wait til it goes wrong again.
Cheers for all your help so far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back